Double draw??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I saw Damien's responses to my report of #localHostName troubles, and began a little fact checking for a follow up.  That lead me to some browsing, in particular to senders of #primHostNameSize.  I am running on Linux on an old machine and with an image having many of the same changes as in the recent "fast" image, but it's still not as snappy as one would want.

That said, #testIPv6Echo is a long method, and when I select it in the senders list, I can see the code render in plain text and then a second time syntax highlighted.  It makes me suspect that every method is rendered twice, and there might be a speed boost if we could go directly to the plain or colored source in one shot.

I do not notice the double-draw with shorter methods.  Note that the double-draw could be unique to Linux, possibly contributing to its sluggishness???

Bill

Re: Double draw??

Andrew Tween
Hi Bill,
"Schwab,Wilhelm K" <[hidden email]> wrote
in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hello all,
>
> I saw Damien's responses to my report of #localHostName troubles, and
> began a little fact checking for a follow up.  That lead me to some
> browsing, in particular to senders of #primHostNameSize.  I am running on
> Linux on an old machine and with an image having many of the same changes
> as in the recent "fast" image, but it's still not as snappy as one would
> want.
>
> That said, #testIPv6Echo is a long method, and when I select it in the
> senders list, I can see the code render in plain text and then a second
> time syntax highlighted.  It makes me suspect that every method is
> rendered twice, and there might be a speed boost if we could go directly
> to the plain or colored source in one shot.
>
> I do not notice the double-draw with shorter methods.  Note that the
> double-draw could be unique to Linux, possibly contributing to its
> sluggishness???

Only long methods ( >= 4096 characters) are rendered twice.
See,  PluggableShoutMorph>>setText: , for details.

Cheers,
Andy