Doubt in table layout mechanism

gerard alis
I´m doing a grid widget, and have some problems in positioning of the cells of rows. See that image ->

Each row is a panel with table layout policy, and left to right direction.
Each cell is a morph with another control inside, the editor control.

The row adapt his height to the height of cell more big, but of that way the others cells appears
not adapteds at row.

Exists a way for fix that behavior ?  I´m trying but i don´t see the property or way for do that. I understand than  the cells should be "dockeds" at row in height, but i don´t see the way.

Many thanks for the help; I wait yours understand me :)

Re: Doubt in table layout mechanism

Simon Denier-3
Hi

First let me tell you I find your screenshot very neat and I'm glad we will (soon?) have such a widget in Pharo (especially for Moose :))

Now I didn't really understand your question (and I'm not sure I can help, given my anecdotical Morphic knowledge)

Can you send a screenshot showing the problem? I understand there is a problem if one cell has a bigger height, then the row got resized but other cells in the row don't, hence a strange appearance. Is this a problem with alignment?

PS: will the table widget be dynamic with respect to its layout? I mean, could we add/remove columns on the run?

On 31 janv. 2010, at 12:42, nullPointer wrote:

> I´m doing a grid widget, and have some problems in positioning of the cells
> of rows. See that image ->
>
> http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1457970/table_layout_doubt.png
>
> Each row is a panel with table layout policy, and left to right direction.
> Each cell is a morph with another control inside, the editor control.
>
> The row adapt his height to the height of cell more big, but of that way the
> others cells appears
> not adapteds at row.
>
> Exists a way for fix that behavior ?  I´m trying but i don´t see the
> property or way for do that. I understand than  the cells should be
> "dockeds" at row in height, but i don´t see the way.
>
> Many thanks for the help; I wait yours understand me :)

 Simon

Re: Doubt in table layout mechanism

gerard alis

Can you send a screenshot showing the problem? I understand there is a problem if one cell has a bigger height, then the row got resized but other cells in the row don't, hence a strange appearance. Is this a problem with alignment?

Exactly; in the boolean column, the "editor control", a checkbox, is more height than other cells. I search the way for the other cells behavior adapt her size in height to row.
The container of cells, the row, dapt her size in height to cell more big. I need too than the child cells adapt her size to row height.

Well, I don´t know if is possible. I need the knowledge of a Morphic guru :)

PS: will the table widget be dynamic with respect to its layout? I mean, could we add/remove columns on the run?

For the moment allow:

-Add columns on the run.
-Change width of columns on the run ( programatically, no through the mouse )
-Edit strings, integers and booleans values ( datatypes of columns )
-Sort columns; ascendent, descendent and original order.
-Allow add rows programmatically or through a datasource ( a collection of objects ). I´m developing a Bindable collection for when a new object in collection is added ( or removed ) that thing have a representation in the UI.

The main problem is for slowly. Load 200 rows takes it 2 seconds. I will have optimization, but before i need solution for some problems like that.

Regards.

Re: Doubt in table layout mechanism

Gary Chambers-4

Doe setting vResizing to #spaceFill on each cell (and it's submorph?) not work?

Regards, Gary

Re: Doubt in table layout mechanism

gerard alis
yesssss!!  I try set that property, but in the row :|  .   Now see than that was a stupid question, excuse me.

Now show perfect.Still I have some problems. The text of cells is positioned in the up left corner. Is possible modify the text align of a StringMorph? Another problem is the tabulation action. How I could do for the cells work with "focus"? For example controls like button or texboxes work of that way. I need that for move the selected cell through the tab key.

Many thanks for the help, and excuse me for my english.

Regards.

Re: Doubt in table layout mechanism

Stéphane Ducasse

On Feb 2, 2010, at 12:14 AM, nullPointer wrote:

> yesssss!!  I try set that property, but in the row :|  .   Now see than that
> was a stupid question, excuse me.

there is no stupid question.
Do not limit yourself. We are all learning here.
You know certainly more than me in UI now :)

> Now show perfect.Still I have some problems. The text of cells is positioned
> in the up left corner. Is possible modify the text align of a StringMorph?
> Another problem is the tabulation action. How I could do for the cells work
> with "focus"? For example controls like button or texboxes work of that way.
> I need that for move the selected cell through the tab key.
>
> Many thanks for the help, and excuse me for my english.

you are making progress just continue to write emails!
Like that you will be ready to have fun at ESUG in September :)