Download URL changed??

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I've just noticed that

http://pharo-project.org/download

has been changed to:

http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

Is there a good reason? I used the first url in many emails and
announcements. I think this will confuse people. Moreover, Google
search also provides a link to the first url.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Download URL changed??

Stéphane Ducasse
no idea

Stef

On Jul 6, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just noticed that
>
> http://pharo-project.org/download
>
> has been changed to:
>
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download
>
> Is there a good reason? I used the first url in many emails and
> announcements. I think this will confuse people. Moreover, Google
> search also provides a link to the first url.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Download URL changed??

Adrian Lienhard
I changed that because the path /download conflicted with the standard
download path of files in the CMS. I checked who is pointing to that
URL and found only two rather old pages in the Google index. Since the
sitemap opens if you access the old path, you will easily find the
download site in there. Hence I think its not a big issue.

Adrian