Downloading tweets

Arturo Zambrano
Hi All,
  you can now download some code for downloading tweets using REST and Streaming Twitter APIs.
 It is far from complete but do the job we need for now.

 Besides tweets downloading you can also:
 - get users information.
 - retrieve the profile picture of users.
 - ask for the relationship of the two users

Please find attached some info regarding dependencies (no metacello config for now), and manual login procedure for the first time you connect to twitter.

We will work on tests, completion and more practical documentation soon. At the same time, when the visualization part of our Twitter thing is ready, we will communicate it.

Thanks Rosario for her help, and Sven for advice on the streaming feature of Zinc.

regards
art

twittermanual.pdf (313K) Download Attachment

Re: Downloading tweets

stepharo
Hello Arturo

nice to see you more and more on this list :).
Where is the code?
So that we can advertize it

Stef

On 23/5/14 03:39, Arturo Zambrano wrote:

> Hi All,
>   you can now download some code for downloading tweets using REST and
> Streaming Twitter APIs.
>  It is far from complete but do the job we need for now.
>
>  Besides tweets downloading you can also:
>  - get users information.
>  - retrieve the profile picture of users.
>  - ask for the relationship of the two users
>
> Please find attached some info regarding dependencies (no metacello
> config for now), and manual login procedure for the first time you
> connect to twitter.
>

> We will work on tests, completion and more practical documentation
> soon. At the same time, when the visualization part of our Twitter
> thing is ready, we will communicate it.
>
> Thanks Rosario for her help, and Sven for advice on the streaming
> feature of Zinc.
>
> regards
> art

Re: Downloading tweets

Arturo Zambrano
Hi Steph,
 it is in pdf.. that's why we need more practical documentation ;-)

Gofer new url:
'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/arturozambrano/TwitterRoassalPlayGround/main'; package: 'Twitter­Connection';
load.

there are other packages but they are other parts of our twitter thing, I think they are not useful for the community.

best regards

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 3:45 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

 I copied the relevant part of the pdf to project info in SmalltalkHub