DrTests and enhancing testing experience in Pharo

DrTests and enhancing testing experience in Pharo

Dayne Lorena Guerra Calle

Hello everyone!

My name is Dayne Guerra, I’m a bachelor student in computer science in Bolivia.

I’m working on Pharo for my bachelor’s final project. My mentors are Stéphane Ducasse and Juan Pablo Sandoval.

I’ve started by commenting methods and later I worked on a plugin that creates tests from executable comments (e.g. “(4+1)>>>5”)
I have a video demo: https://youtu.be/DgR2YETzjfA It’s a plugin for DrTests (https://github.com/juliendelplanque/DrTests)

DrTests project aims to provide a plugin-based UI to deal with tests in Pharo. It will provide the same features as the actual SUnit UI (i.e., running tests, profiling tests and computing code-coverage) but will allow to plug additional analysis on unit tests such as for example: the mutation testing framework and the rotten tests finder.

Once my work on DrTest is done, I will probably work on enhancing SUnit API as well.
New ideas and feedback is always welcome.

Regards,

Dayne Guerra

Re: DrTests and enhancing testing experience in Pharo

ducasse
Thanks Dayne and DrTest is the work of Julien that is supervising Dayne with Guille.
She is lucky to work with great guys.