Draft streams proposal on the Wiki

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Please take a quick look at the StreamsForRobustSoftware page on the Wiki.  It needs a lot of work, but any hints about how to make it meet your needs would be appreciated.

Bill

Re: Draft streams proposal on the Wiki

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

You have not responded that I can see.  Are you just busy, didn't see it, or is it such a crushing disappointment you don't know where to start? :)

I am simply seeking some guidance on how it should evolve to be useful to you.

Bill

Please take a quick look at the StreamsForRobustSoftware page on the Wiki.  It needs a lot of work, but any hints about how to make it meet your needs would be appreciated.

Bill

Re: Draft streams proposal on the Wiki

Stéphane Ducasse
buzy :)

Stef

On Aug 12, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> You have not responded that I can see.  Are you just busy, didn't
> see it, or is it such a crushing disappointment you don't know where
> to start? :)
>
> I am simply seeking some guidance on how it should evolve to be
> useful to you.
>
> Bill

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 12-08-2009 a las 15:52 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:

> > Stef,
> >
> > Please take a quick look at the StreamsForRobustSoftware page on the
> > Wiki.  It needs a lot of work, but any hints about how to make it
> > meet your needs would be appreciated.

I read your proposal and I think that we should go for the breaking
changes option, but not for this first release. Respect to the Squeak
incompatibility, Pharo tries to be better for the better and not care
for incompatibilities.

I think that this kind of problems should be solved from the root and
not keeping adding workarounds because that means that never will be
corrected/deleted from the code.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Draft streams proposal on the Wiki

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Miguel,

First, thanks for reading it!  I am certainly open to the breaking changes (Dolphin semantics) option, as it would put an end to silent failures.  Waiting is fine, as there is nothing to stop me from using the additional protocol until we can make the changes.

Anybody else?

Bill