Drag and Drop question ...

Dennis smith-4
If this got to the mail group before, please accept my apologies, our
office move got IP addresses and email addresses messed up, and I was
not getting mail from the group -- so ...

------------------------------------

Before I waste hours digging in the documents, is it possible
to drag and drop external items onto a VW widget?  For example,
a word-document icon from the desktop onto a button on a VW window??

--
Dennis Smith                                     +1 416.798.7948
Cherniak Software Development Corporation   Fax: +1 416.798.0948

Re: Drag and Drop question ...

Mark Pirogovsky-3
Yes it is.  I do use a drag and drop from the explorer to the
application window in my case.  What I get is a string with the full
filename.  and then I do decide what to do with it. (either print it or
  open for editing).

I do not think that VW would allow to use an individual Button(they are
still  emulated and from Win32 OS perspective do not exist) to do that -
the whole application window would know how to process drag and drop
event from OS.

--Mark

Dennis Smith wrote:

> If this got to the mail group before, please accept my apologies, our
> office move got IP addresses and email addresses messed up, and I was
> not getting mail from the group -- so ...

> Before I waste hours digging in the documents, is it possible
> to drag and drop external items onto a VW widget?  For example,
> a word-document icon from the desktop onto a button on a VW window??

Re: Drag and Drop question ...

Dennis smith-4
That would be OK for me -- what mechanism do you use to get that string??