Drag and Drop

pablo digonzelli
Hi , I have problems trying to use drag and drop facilities with Dolphin
5.03.
The windows is XP pro.

My real aplication is more complex but I use a simply example to do show the
problem.

p := Presenter show.

p view isDragSource: true.

p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.

nothing happend.

Can anyone help me?

Tia

Pablo

Re: Drag and Drop

Bill Schwab-2
Pablo,

> My real aplication is more complex but I use a simply example to do show
the
> problem.
>
> p := Presenter show.
>
> p view isDragSource: true.
>
> p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.
>
> nothing happend.

Grab the D5 goodies from my website and look at either BugOff or the
AcmeBrowser - they both use drag and drop.  In particular, open an
AcmeFilters shell, create a filter set (add an item to the left list), then
you can drag drag classes from a CHB to it and will be prompted for the kind
of filter to add to the selected filter set.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Drag and Drop

Christopher J. Demers
"Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:b5frbb$28btac$[hidden email]...
> Hi , I have problems trying to use drag and drop facilities with Dolphin
> 5.03.
> The windows is XP pro.
>
> My real aplication is more complex but I use a simply example to do show
the
> problem.
>
> p := Presenter show.
> p view isDragSource: true.
> p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.

There are some previous threads in this group discussing drag/drop.  The
most useful thing you might find is a Ted Bracht's drag/drop tutorial here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ted.bracht/id22.htm .   I wish I had seen it
before I had to use drag/drop.

Chris

Re: Drag and Drop

pablo digonzelli
hi ,all. I am cotinuing having problems with drag & drop.

For example :

p := ListPresenter show.

p view isDragSource: true.

p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.

and nothing happends.

When I am trying

p := ListPresenter show.

p view isDragSource: true.

p model add: Object new.

p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.

It works Ok. It seems that the presenter has to have some special model for
drag and drop occurs.

What I am trying to do is that i having several imagenPresenter over a
ContainerPresenter wich has a GridLayout and I want to drag the images into
another ContainerPresenter. But it is not working.

Can anyone help me ?

Thamks

Pablo

"Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
news:b5frbb$28btac$[hidden email]...
> Hi , I have problems trying to use drag and drop facilities with Dolphin
> 5.03.
> The windows is XP pro.
>
> My real aplication is more complex but I use a simply example to do show
the

> problem.
>
> p := Presenter show.
>
> p view isDragSource: true.
>
> p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.
>
> nothing happend.
>

> Can anyone help me?
>
> Tia
>
> Pablo

Re: Drag and Drop

Chris Uppal-3
Pablo Digonzelli wrote:

> p := ListPresenter show.
> p view isDragSource: true.
> p when: #drag: send: #s: to: p.
>
> and nothing happends.

I may be misunderstanding you, but it sounds as if you are attempting to start
a drag-n-drop operation from an empty list.  If so, then I'd expect that not to
do anything.  The ListView (or whatever subclass of IconicListAbstract) knows
about d&d, and provides a default implementation that populates the d&d session
with the selected objects from the list.  Since the list is empty, there can be
no selection, hence d&d is a null-op.

> What I am trying to do is that i having several imagenPresenter over a
> ContainerPresenter wich has a GridLayout and I want to drag the
> images into another ContainerPresenter. But it is not working.
>
> Can anyone help me ?

Some time ago I wrote a longish post about d&d, which some kind soul has added
to the wiki.  It may help if you haven't already read it:
    http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/DragAndDrop.htm

I suspect that the point you are missing is that some components (Lists/Trees)
are already d&d "aware" and provide sensible default behaviour.  If you are
wanting to d&d from/to other components then you have to do a little more work.
The above link should help.  Feel free to ask more.

    -- chris

Re: Drag and Drop

pablo digonzelli
Thanks Chris.

All my problem was about DragDropSession operation was nil.
It implies that the drop operation will be rejected.
I use dragOver: to setting up DragDropSession operation and all works really
well.
Thanks all again
Pablo

mensaje news:3e7d9bed$0$59844$[hidden email]...