Drag&drop a method, remove the method

SergeStinckwich
With the last Pharo-dev (Pharo-1.1-11367-Betadev10.05.),
when you drag&drop a method from a class to the same class, the method
is just removed ...

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

Re: Drag&drop a method, remove the method

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Serge. I could reproduce the problem also in 1.0, but not in Core. Maybe is OB related?

Can you please open a bug ticket?

thanks!

Mariano

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
With the last Pharo-dev (Pharo-1.1-11367-Betadev10.05.),
when you drag&drop a method from a class to the same class, the method
is just removed ...

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Drag&drop a method, remove the method

Lukas Renggli
That problem is actually not specific to Pharo 1.1, it is already
present for the last 5 years or so :-)

Thanks for pointing out, fixed in:

Name: OB-Standard-lr.470
Author: Lukas Renggli
Time: 28 May 2010, 2:51:03 pm
UUID: 9b1e4d28-6d03-48e2-a3a0-6cd9899c9830
Ancestors: OB-Standard-lr.469

- fixed some drag and drop issues with method nodes

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Drag&drop a method, remove the method

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks Lukas.

<OT>
Now that we are talking about OB and drag and drop, can I tell you my dream? I would LOVE to be able to drag a method to the "instance" and "class" buttons to change methods from one side to the other one without having to use RB.
I have no idea if it is possible nor the cost of it, I just  express my wishes ;)
</OT>

Author: Lukas Renggli
Time: 28 May 2010, 2:51:03 pm
UUID: 9b1e4d28-6d03-48e2-a3a0-6cd9899c9830
Ancestors: OB-Standard-lr.469

- fixed some drag and drop issues with method nodes

Lukas

On 28 May 2010 13:25, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> With the last Pharo-dev (Pharo-1.1-11367-Betadev10.05.),
> when you drag&drop a method from a class to the same class, the method
> is just removed ...
>
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Drag&drop a method, remove the method

Lukas Renggli
> <OT>
> Now that we are talking about OB and drag and drop, can I tell you my dream?
> I would LOVE to be able to drag a method to the "instance" and "class"
> buttons to change methods from one side to the other one without having to
> use RB.
> I have no idea if it is possible nor the cost of it, I just  express my
> wishes ;)
> </OT>

That's difficult to do, not impossible though.

Did you see that there is a menu

    refactor method | move to class/instance side

?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> <OT>
> Now that we are talking about OB and drag and drop, can I tell you my dream?
> I would LOVE to be able to drag a method to the "instance" and "class"
> buttons to change methods from one side to the other one without having to
> use RB.
> I have no idea if it is possible nor the cost of it, I just  express my
> wishes ;)
> </OT>

That's difficult to do, not impossible though.

Ok :(
Thanks anyway.

Did you see that there is a menu

   refactor method | move to class/instance side

?

Yes yes. I know. But I am more lazy than that hahah. Maybe these days no, but when I was developing during my day work with VAST and then using Pharo at night...I was trying to do this all the time haha.

Cheers

Mariano

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Drag&drop a method, remove the method

Lukas Renggli
>> > <OT>
>> > Now that we are talking about OB and drag and drop, can I tell you my
>> > dream?
>> > I would LOVE to be able to drag a method to the "instance" and "class"
>> > buttons to change methods from one side to the other one without having
>> > use RB.
>> > I have no idea if it is possible nor the cost of it, I just  express my
>> > wishes ;)
>> > </OT>
>>
>> That's difficult to do, not impossible though.
>>

> Ok :(
> Thanks anyway.

Name: OB-Morphic-lr.125
Author: lr
Time: 28 May 2010, 7:39:56 pm
UUID: 6be02689-5ff7-42e6-b1ec-f93ba26bb437
Ancestors: OB-Morphic-lr.124

- added the possiblity to drag items onto option buttons, for example
to move items from the class to the instance side

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > <OT>
>> > Now that we are talking about OB and drag and drop, can I tell you my
>> > dream?
>> > I would LOVE to be able to drag a method to the "instance" and "class"
>> > buttons to change methods from one side to the other one without having
>> > use RB.
>> > I have no idea if it is possible nor the cost of it, I just  express my
>> > wishes ;)
>> > </OT>
>>
>> That's difficult to do, not impossible though.
>>

> Ok :(
> Thanks anyway.

Name: OB-Morphic-lr.125
Author: lr
Time: 28 May 2010, 7:39:56 pm
UUID: 6be02689-5ff7-42e6-b1ec-f93ba26bb437
Ancestors: OB-Morphic-lr.124

- added the possiblity to drag items onto option buttons, for example
to move items from the class to the instance side

Lukas, what kind of beer do you like?  I promise, next time I see you I will invite you with something hahahha

I have just tested and works wonderful. OB is getting better and better :)

Thanks a lot

Mariano

--
Lukas Renggli