Drastically improving the messageNotUnderstood title

12

Re: Drastically improving the messageNotUnderstood title

philippeback
I like talking to my computer.
And then see how stupid I was most of the time because this thing just did as told.

+42 as well.

Now, #MNU is quite a thing. What are we going to change that into?

Phil

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 8 Dec 2016, at 16:44, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:14 PM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think

Message does not exist

Makes more sense, I always found the use of the word understood kinda weird

I always liked the term 'understand'.  I think such anthropomorphism helps give the system its feeling of liveness, and changed the way I thought about programming.

+42

also “does not understand” puts the accent where it belongs: is a message *send* that is not part of object vocabulary…

Esteban

cheers -ben

Re: Drastically improving the messageNotUnderstood title

Igor Stasenko
not sure.. i envision something like that:

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Drastically improving the messageNotUnderstood title

stepharong
On Thu, 08 Dec 2016 07:35:59 +0100, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> Perhaps(?) a short form can be put in brackets?
>> ==> an instance of Class did not understand #message sent to it (MNU
>> Class>>#message)
>
> +1

good idea!

>> cheers -ben