Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

I need to generate PDF with russian letters but when I try it resulting pdf is empty.

I use example:

oneLineTest: aStream
PDFDocument new add: (PDFPage new add: (PDFTextElement new text: 'Hello Привет'; from: 10mm@10mm)); exportTo: aStream.

I attach produced pdf.

Best regards,
Denis

oneLineTest.pdf (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Sabine Manaa
Hi Denis,

perhaps this is the same topic (I am not sure):

Regards
Sabine

Hi.

I need to generate PDF with russian letters but when I try it resulting pdf is empty.

I use example:

oneLineTest: aStream
PDFDocument new add: (PDFPage new add: (PDFTextElement new text: 'Hello Привет'; from: 10mm@10mm)); exportTo: aStream.

I attach produced pdf.

Best regards,
Denis

oneLineTest.pdf (1K) Download Attachment

http://forum.world.st/Dues-anybody-try-Artifact-with-non-latin-characters-tp4922747.html
To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
NAML

Thank's Sabine. But it is not helps. And google too. It seems that I need embed fonts which is not implemented by Artifact.

Re: Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Sabine Manaa
lets wait what Olivier or Guillaume say

http://forum.world.st/Dues-anybody-try-Artifact-with-non-latin-characters-tp4922747p4922787.html
To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
NAML

Re: Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Guillaume Larcheveque
I forwarded the conversation to Olivier.

Embed fonts are not yet implemented by Artefact so we will see with Olivier if we will join the development of it (if you plan to do it) or if we will just help you by answering your questions if we do not have time to code it.

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Olivier Auverlot
Denis,

Could you publish a snippet of code that generates a PDF document with a text that contains russians letters ? We need to test.

For russian letters, I think That You need a consistent font and the proper encoding. Normally, the Helvetica / Arial  should be ok. For the encoding, the standard fonts use ISO-8859-1 or windows-1252. If you use UTF8, You Could try to convert your text to this encoding before insert it in the PDF document.

[...]

See my original mail.:

oneLineTest: aStream
PDFDocument new add: (PDFPage new add: (PDFTextElement new text: 'Hello Привет'; from: 10mm@10mm)); exportTo: aStream.

I modified demo example.

[...]

I tried this:

text := (UTF8TextConverter new convertToSystemString: 'Привет').
PDFDocument new add: (PDFPage new add: (PDFTextElement new
font: (PDFHelveticaFont new fontSize: 32pt);
text: text; from: 10mm@10mm)); exportTo: aStream

But no success: 'ПрР̧Ð2ÐμÑ‚' inside.

Re: Dues anybody try Artifact with non latin characters?

Denis Kudriashov

I forwarded the conversation to Olivier.

Embed fonts are not yet implemented by Artefact so we will see with Olivier if we will join the development of it (if you plan to do it) or if we will just help you by answering your questions if we do not have time to code it.

I read pdf reference and it looks like "real" amount of work. I not have time for this. I was need fast solution to my problem.