Dumb question: Cog and CPU temp??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I am clobbering my cherished laptop today.  I have it scanning the entire image for references and senders, but have been surprised that the fan has not started.  The fan could have died, but the machine does not seem to be unusually warm.  In the past, tasks like these always caused it to warm up and turn on its fan.  Could Cog be the differnce????

Bill

Re: Dumb question: Cog and CPU temp??

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:35 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am clobbering my cherished laptop today.  I have it scanning the entire image for references and senders, but have been surprised that the fan has not started.  The fan could have died, but the machine does not seem to be unusually warm.  In the past, tasks like these always caused it to warm up and turn on its fan.  Could Cog be the differnce????
Not only also the optimizations made on changes and sources.

> Bill

Re: Dumb question: Cog and CPU temp??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Thanks - hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.  1.3 has been treating me well.  Some of the ffi troubles I was having might have been related to the old/new confusion.  I still have to pass my DOUBLEArray as void*, but maybe Sig can suggest how to make FFI aware of the "type."

I keep waiting for reality to crash around me, but if you had told me that, in a day, I'd have a first cut at ridding my GSL wrapper of the obsolete structs and methods, I'd have bet against it.  I am still finding some broken features, but most of those were hacks to start.

Thanks for the insight, and for Pharo!

Bill