Dumb question

Bill Schwab-2
Hi Blair,

I did a quick rebuild of my beta 4 image from D4 packages and noticed that
the CHB mode selectors look like tabs again.  Possible explanations include
that I've scrambled something on the machine (it reports being beta 4
though), and that you might have changed the download??  I restored
yesterday's image from home and the buttons came back, so it's not that this
machine is incapable of displaying them.

My initial setup was that I downloaded the msi file and built a beta 4 image
at home.  Then on Monday, I downloaded the .exe installer and installed beta
4 at UF and promptly copied the image from home to the machine, and created
a "hard coded" shortcut to launch the image.  Today's "rebuild" of beta 4
was the first time I unlocked the image downloaded from the .exe installer.

Did you make a change that would explain the change in the tabs, or do you
think I botched things on this machine?

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Dumb question

Andy Bower
Bill,

> I did a quick rebuild of my beta 4 image from D4 packages and noticed that
> the CHB mode selectors look like tabs again.  Possible explanations
include
> that I've scrambled something on the machine (it reports being beta 4
> though), and that you might have changed the download??  I restored
> yesterday's image from home and the buttons came back, so it's not that
this
> machine is incapable of displaying them.

Is it possible that you took the beta 4 download before (or *very* soon)
after I made the availability announcement. There was a window of probably
about 3-5minutes after I posted the message when the file hadn't finished
copying to the site and an older version  (with button) was up there.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: Dumb question

Bill Schwab
Andy,

> Is it possible that you took the beta 4 download before

I saw the post, which is how I knew to get it...

>  (or *very* soon)
> after

that's possible - it was Friday afternoon or early evening.

> I made the availability announcement. There was a window of probably
> about 3-5minutes after I posted the message when the file hadn't finished
> copying to the site and an older version  (with button) was up there.

Ok, so if anything you seem surprised that I got the button version??  I
will transport a newer default image/change/sources to home and stop
worrying that I might be using a mangled beta 3.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.