Duplicate classes in `browse class MyClass` results?

Duplicate classes in `browse class MyClass` results?

GLASS mailing list
Hi -

This is after a

GsDeployer cleanClassHistory

in a 3.3.1 stone, on Ubuntu 18.04.

Its the first time I've seen it but the search result pane shows

MyClass
        MySubClassA
        MySubClassB
MyClass {1848835841}
        MySubClassC
        MySubClassD

All the subclasses should be subclasses of MyClass

How did I get here and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Re: Duplicate classes in `browse class MyClass` results?

GLASS mailing list
Recompiling the two subclasses (MySubClassC & MySubClassD) fixed it.

GLASS mailing list wrote

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

On 5/9/19 10:21 AM, PAUL DEBRUICKER via Glass wrote:

> Hi -
>
> This is after a
>
> GsDeployer cleanClassHistory
>
> in a 3.3.1 stone, on Ubuntu 18.04.
>

> Its the first time I've seen it but the search result pane shows
>
> MyClass
> MySubClassA
> MySubClassB
> MyClass {1848835841}
> MySubClassC
> MySubClassD
>
> All the subclasses should be subclasses of MyClass
>

> How did I get here and how do I fix it?

Paul,

It looks like you figured out how to fix it ... You got there, because
you created a new class version of MyClass ... presumably there was an
error (or something) that prevented the creation of new class versions
for MySubClassC and MySubClassD.

The class MyClass {1848835841} indicates that this version of MyClass
isn't in the class history of MyClass (which would have happened after
you cleaned the class history) and cannot be found by a lookup in you
your symbol list ... prior to the cleaning of class history, I would
have expected to see this in the search results pane:

MyClass[2]
        MySubClassA
        MySubClassB
MyClass [1]
        MySubClassC
        MySubClassD

You might want to check that all of the expected methods are present  in
MySubClassC and MySubClassD ... I assume that a method compile error
caused the recompilation process to halt in the middle ...

Dale