Duplicating Transcript to a file

Richard Sargent
Administrator
I realize I can save the Transcript to a file, but that isn't helpful when some process goes into an infinite loop and the UI is non-responsive.

Is there anything already written and ready to use (ideally already built into the product as distributed) that would mimic the effect of the Unix tee command?
i.e. everything that is written to the Transcript is also written to a backing file

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but I thought it better to check, just in case.

Re: Duplicating Transcript to a file

Wayne Johnston
Remember that Transcript is just a global, which you could point to something else, which throws output to a file?

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 11:45:07 AM UTC-8, Wayne Johnston wrote:
Remember that Transcript is just a global, which you could point to something else, which throws output to a file?

Yup. I don't want to write and debug that code if it has already been done.