Dynamic Bindings

Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez
Hello everyone

I've just started in the Smalltalk world and recently moved to Pharo after
trying a little Squeak (mostly e-Toys). I want to promote the use of
Smalltalk solutions but there seems to be no books on the subject besides
Squeak and Pharo by Example. Can anyone point me to any recent book about
Smalltalk?

Re: Dynamic Bindings

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 23, 2010, at 3:10 AM, Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I've just started in the Smalltalk world and recently moved to Pharo after trying a little Squeak (mostly e-Toys). I want to promote the use of Smalltalk solutions but there seems to be no books on the subject besides Squeak and Pharo by Example. Can anyone point me to any recent book about Smalltalk?

There is the seaside book:

                http://book.seaside.st/book

Else... I don't remember a recent one. As for Dynamic Bindings, we should add a description to Pharo by Example at some point.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Dynamic Bindings

what kind of book are you looking for.
New does not mean better from what I know.

Stef

On Mar 23, 2010, at 3:10 AM, Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I've just started in the Smalltalk world and recently moved to Pharo after trying a little Squeak (mostly e-Toys). I want to promote the use of Smalltalk solutions but there seems to be no books on the subject besides Squeak and Pharo by Example. Can anyone point me to any recent book about Smalltalk?

Re: Dynamic Bindings

Mariano Martinez Peck
Stef are you shy ?  ;)

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
what kind of book are you looking for.
New does not mean better from what I know.

Stef

On Mar 23, 2010, at 3:10 AM, Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I've just started in the Smalltalk world and recently moved to Pharo after trying a little Squeak (mostly e-Toys). I want to promote the use of Smalltalk solutions but there seems to be no books on the subject besides Squeak and Pharo by Example. Can anyone point me to any recent book about Smalltalk?

Re: Dynamic Bindings

laurent laffont
I've just finished Kent Beck's Smalltalk best practices patterns, I like it.

Laurent Laffont

2010/3/23 Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez <[hidden email]>
Hello everyone

I've just started in the Smalltalk world and recently moved to Pharo after trying a little Squeak (mostly e-Toys). I want to promote the use of Smalltalk solutions but there seems to be no books on the subject besides Squeak and Pharo by Example. Can anyone point me to any recent book about Smalltalk?

Re: Dynamic Bindings

Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez
Thanks, this site is simply great!!!!