Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

12

Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

Is there a backup-copy/mirror available of the

                MorphLayoutArticle

project which was on Bob's SuperSwiki? [1]

Regards
Hannes

----------------------------------
[1]
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2141

How to lay out submorphs

Please read the excellent dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle
(broken link) on Bob's SuperSwiki.

Every Morph now has the capability to layout it's submorphs.
(Previously, only the AlignmentMorph could implement layout policies.
AlignmentMorph is still available because of compatibility reasons and
some utility methods it implements.

MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr (117K) Download Attachment

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Bob Arning-2

I will leave the server up for a short while in case you would like to harvest anything else

http://73.172.58.69:9116/super

On 4/29/18 10:20 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:
Hello

Is there a backup-copy/mirror available of the

                MorphLayoutArticle

project which was on Bob's SuperSwiki? [1]

Regards
Hannes

----------------------------------
[1]
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2141

How to lay out submorphs

Please read the excellent dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle
(broken link) on Bob's SuperSwiki.

Every Morph now has the capability to layout it's submorphs.
(Previously, only the AlignmentMorph could implement layout policies.
AlignmentMorph is still available because of compatibility reasons and
some utility methods it implements.

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you, Bob

a short while = 24 hours?

Interesting content :  Highlights
http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/35

HH

On 4/30/18, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will leave the server up for a short while in case you would like to
> harvest anything else
>

> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super
>

> On 4/29/18 10:20 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Is there a backup-copy/mirror available of the
>>
>>                  MorphLayoutArticle
>>
>> project which was on Bob's SuperSwiki? [1]
>>
>> Regards
>> Hannes
>>

>> ----------------------------------
>> [1]
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2141
>>
>> How to lay out submorphs
>>
>> Please read the excellent dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle
>> (broken link) on Bob's SuperSwiki.
>>
>> Every Morph now has the capability to layout it's submorphs.
>> (Previously, only the AlignmentMorph could implement layout policies.
>> AlignmentMorph is still available because of compatibility reasons and
>> some utility methods it implements.

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Hannes Hirzel
And this one would also be fine to copied to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/

project management
http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/39

A rename function is provided in the primary projects... menu.
It has also been added to the Publish menu.

A tool to easily move projects around between parents has been added.

And a cleanup facility for aligning morphic project views on the desktop
either horizontal or vertical, depending on a user set preference.

A "scrub projects" menu item has been added to the projects menu too. It
searches for projects that have defined parents which themselves do not
include the project as a child, and removes them. I found tyhis got rid of
a lot of the dangling projects from aborts and other problems encoutered
while transfering projects to the super-swiki.

Author: Stephan B. Wessels

http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/39

I'll do it later today.

On 4/30/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you, Bob
>
> a short while = 24 hours?
>
> Interesting content :  Highlights
> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/35
>
> HH
>
> On 4/30/18, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I will leave the server up for a short while in case you would like to
>> harvest anything else
>>

>> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super
>>

>> On 4/29/18 10:20 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Is there a backup-copy/mirror available of the
>>>
>>>                  MorphLayoutArticle
>>>
>>> project which was on Bob's SuperSwiki? [1]
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Hannes
>>>

>>> ----------------------------------
>>> [1]
>>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2141
>>>
>>> How to lay out submorphs
>>>
>>> Please read the excellent dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle
>>> (broken link) on Bob's SuperSwiki.
>>>
>>> Every Morph now has the capability to layout it's submorphs.
>>> (Previously, only the AlignmentMorph could implement layout policies.
>>> AlignmentMorph is still available because of compatibility reasons and
>>> some utility methods it implements.

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Hannes Hirzel
A gallery of 477 Projects

http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/gallery1

On 4/30/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And this one would also be fine to copied to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/
>

> project management
> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/39

> A rename function is provided in the primary projects... menu.
> It has also been added to the Publish menu.
>
> A tool to easily move projects around between parents has been added.
>
> And a cleanup facility for aligning morphic project views on the desktop
> either horizontal or vertical, depending on a user set preference.
>
> A "scrub projects" menu item has been added to the projects menu too. It
> searches for projects that have defined parents which themselves do not
> include the project as a child, and removes them. I found tyhis got rid of
> a lot of the dangling projects from aborts and other problems encoutered
> while transfering projects to the super-swiki.
>
> Author: Stephan B. Wessels
>
> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/39
>
> I'll do it later today.
>

> On 4/30/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thank you, Bob
>>
>> a short while = 24 hours?
>>
>> Interesting content :  Highlights
>> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/35
>>
>> HH
>>
>> On 4/30/18, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I will leave the server up for a short while in case you would like to
>>> harvest anything else
>>>

>>> http://73.172.58.69:9116/super

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Karl Ramberg
Ah, nice !
Lots of fun stuff here :-)

Best,
Karl

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Bob

It still loads fine in Squeak 3.2. Thank you.

In Squeak 3.8.1 the SmartRefStream needs a new class for

     AlansTextPlusMorph

SmartRefStream>>
alansTextPlusMorphbosfcebbmsopssrsggshtt0

        ^ PutNewClassHere

Any suggestions what I should put as a new class?

Regards
Hannes

On 4/30/18, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is the latest one I have. It loaded fine in 3.2.
>

> On 4/29/18 10:20 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Is there a backup-copy/mirror available of the
>>
>>                  MorphLayoutArticle
>>
>> project which was on Bob's SuperSwiki? [1]
>>
>> Regards
>> Hannes
>>

>> ----------------------------------
>> [1]
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2141
>>
>> How to lay out submorphs
>>
>> Please read the excellent dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle
>> (broken link) on Bob's SuperSwiki.
>>
>> Every Morph now has the capability to layout it's submorphs.
>> (Previously, only the AlignmentMorph could implement layout policies.
>> AlignmentMorph is still available because of compatibility reasons and
>> some utility methods it implements.

MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr_in_Squeak_3.2.png (22K) Download Attachment

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Tim Johnson-2

Hi Hannes,

In 5.1 there is SmartRefStream>>#initKnownRenames which includes:

at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;

HTH,
Tim

On 4/30/2018 7:33 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
[...]

Hi Tim

Implementing your suggestion [1] worked to make
MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr load into
Squeak 3.8.1, see screen shot.

What I aiming at next  at is to load it into Squeak 6.0a trunk. I
assume this should be possible quite easily because of the
enhancements done last year [2][3].

Regards
Hannes

[1] Extend #initKnownRenames

SmartRefStream>>initKnownRenames
        renamed
          at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
                at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
                yourself

made MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr to load.

[2] 6502 format
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6502

ImageFormat of the interpreter Virtual Machine.
May be loaded transparently into Squeak 6.0a through the help of
LegacyImageSegment.

[3]
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6579
LegacyImageSegment
A new class introduced in March 2017 in Squeak 6.0a to enable the

More see Smalltalk imageFormatVersion  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/873

MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr_in_Squeak_3.8.1.png (74K) Download Attachment

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Hannes Hirzel
Unfortunately the dynamic essay MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr did not load
in a fairly recent Squeak 6.0a trunk image.

an OrderedCollection(ImageSegment(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#scanFrom: ObjectScanner>>scanFrom: [] in [] in
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
BlockClosure>>on:do: [] in
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing: []
in [] in MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
BlockClosure>>on:do: [] in
MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultResumeValue
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>resume
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal: Context>>handleSignal:
Context>>handleSignal: Context>>handleSignal:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileIn
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream>>fileInProject
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream>>fileInObjectAndCodeForProject [] in [] in
ProjectLoading class>>fileInName:archive:morphOrList:
BlockClosure>>on:do: [] in ProjectLoading
class>>fileInName:archive:morphOrList: BlockClosure>>ensure:
ProjectLoading class>>fileInName:archive:morphOrList: ProjectLoading
class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:clearOriginFlag:
ProjectLoading class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:
[] in ProjectLoading class>>openOn: BlockClosure>>on:do: [] in
ByteString(String)>>displaySequentialProgress: [] in [] in
MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
BlockClosure>>on:do: [] in
MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultResumeValue
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>resume
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displaySequentialProgress: ProjectLoading
class>>openOn: [] in ExternalDropHandler class>>defaultProjectHandler
ExternalDropHandler>>handle:in:dropEvent:
PasteUpMorph>>handleDroppedItem:event: [] in PasteUpMorph>>dropFiles:
BlockClosure>>ensure: PasteUpMorph>>dropFiles:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>handleDropFiles: DropFilesEvent>>sentTo:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:withHandler:withMorph:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using: [] in
PasteUpMorph>>processEvent:using: BlockClosure>>ensure:
PasteUpMorph>>processEvent:using: PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
[] in [] in [] in HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
DropFilesEvent(MorphicEvent)>>becomeActiveDuring: [] in [] in
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear: BlockClosure>>ensure:
HandMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: [] in HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
BlockClosure>>ensure: PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear: HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:
HandMorph>>handleEvent: HandMorph>>processEvents [] in
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo: WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor: PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle [] in
MorphicProject>>spawnNewProcess [] in BlockClosure>>newProcess)

On 4/30/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim
>
> Implementing your suggestion [1] worked to make
> MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr load into
> Squeak 3.8.1, see screen shot.
>
> What I aiming at next  at is to load it into Squeak 6.0a trunk. I
> assume this should be possible quite easily because of the
> enhancements done last year [2][3].
>
> Regards
> Hannes
>

> [1] Extend #initKnownRenames
>
> SmartRefStream>>initKnownRenames
> renamed
>           at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
> at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
> yourself
>
> made MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr to load.
>

> [2] 6502 format
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6502
>
> ImageFormat of the interpreter Virtual Machine.
> May be loaded transparently into Squeak 6.0a through the help of
> LegacyImageSegment.
>
> [3]
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6579
> LegacyImageSegment
> A new class introduced in March 2017 in Squeak 6.0a to enable the
>
> More see Smalltalk imageFormatVersion  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/873
>

> On 4/30/18, Tm Jhnsn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> In 5.1 there is SmartRefStream>>#initKnownRenames which includes:
>>
>> at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>>
>> HTH,
>> Tim
>>

>> On 4/30/2018 7:33 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> Hi Bob
>>>
>>> It still loads fine in Squeak 3.2. Thank you.
>>>
>>> In Squeak 3.8.1 the SmartRefStream needs a new class for
>>>
>>>       AlansTextPlusMorph
>>>

>>> SmartRefStream>>
>>> alansTextPlusMorphbosfcebbmsopssrsggshtt0
>>>
>>> ^ PutNewClassHere
>>>

>>> Any suggestions what I should put as a new class?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Hannes

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Hannes Hirzel

SmartRefStream
componentLikeModelbosfcebbmsop0

        ^ PutNewClassHere

> [...]

>> made MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr to load.
>>

>> [2] 6502 format
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6502
>>
>> ImageFormat of the interpreter Virtual Machine.
>> May be loaded transparently into Squeak 6.0a through the help of
>> LegacyImageSegment.
>>
>> [3]
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6579
>> LegacyImageSegment
>> A new class introduced in March 2017 in Squeak 6.0a to enable the
>>
>> More see Smalltalk imageFormatVersion  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/873
>>

>> On 4/30/18, Tm Jhnsn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Hannes,
>>>
>>> In 5.1 there is SmartRefStream>>#initKnownRenames which includes:
>>>
>>> at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> Tim

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

This change set make the project ALMOST load in a 32 bit 6.0 Squeak image.
But there are some conversion issues I have not figured out.

NOTE: Image will probably crash. USE WITH CARE

Best,
Karl

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 3:37 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6579
> LegacyImageSegment
> A new class introduced in March 2017 in Squeak 6.0a to enable the
>
> More see Smalltalk imageFormatVersion  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/873
>

> On 4/30/18, Tm Jhnsn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> In 5.1 there is SmartRefStream>>#initKnownRenames which includes:
>>
>> at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>>
>> HTH,
>> Tim
>>

>> On 4/30/2018 7:33 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> Hi Bob
>>>
>>> It still loads fine in Squeak 3.2. Thank you.
>>>
>>> In Squeak 3.8.1 the SmartRefStream needs a new class for
>>>
>>>       AlansTextPlusMorph
>>>

>>> SmartRefStream>>
>>> alansTextPlusMorphbosfcebbmsopssrsggshtt0
>>>
>>>     ^ PutNewClassHere
>>>

>>> Any suggestions what I should put as a new class?

ImageSegmentLoading.3.cs (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?
This change set make the project ALMOST load in a 32 bit 6.0 Squeak image.
But there are some conversion issues I have not figured out.

NOTE: Image will probably crash. USE WITH CARE

Best,
Karl

Thanks Karl. Take time on this for see

Edgar
@morplenauta

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Hannes,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 4:24 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
A gallery of 477 Projects

http://73.172.58.69:9116/super/gallery1

Has anyone crawled the page to download all the projects or provide URLs to them?  I'd like to test this and see which ones can be fixed.  I introduced Spur, so I broke all this, and so I should at least be part of the fix.

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Karl,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:17 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
This change set make the project ALMOST load in a 32 bit 6.0 Squeak image.
But there are some conversion issues I have not figured out.

Looking at this change:

ObjectScanner>>scanFrom: aByteStream
"Sieze control of the fileIn.  Put myself in as the context.  If any UniClasses (for just one instance) are defined, they will do it through me, and I will look for conflicting class names.  If so, install the old name as a class var of me, so the compile will work.  Tell my SmartRefStream about renaming the class."

| valWithOddName47 scannerNamed53 chunkNamed117 |
pvt3SmartRefStrm := SmartRefStream on: aByteStream.
aByteStream ascii.
[aByteStream atEnd] whileFalse:
[aByteStream skipSeparators.
valWithOddName47 := (aByteStream peekFor: $!)
ifTrue: [chunkNamed117 := aByteStream nextChunk. "debug"
chunkNamed117 = 'ImageSegment new'
ifTrue:[ chunkNamed117 := 'NativeImageSegment new'].
scannerNamed53 := Compiler evaluate: chunkNamed117
for: self logged: false.
scannerNamed53 class == self class
ifTrue: ["I already am the scanner for this file"]
ifFalse: [scannerNamed53 scanFrom: aByteStream]]
ifFalse: [chunkNamed117 := aByteStream nextChunk.
chunkNamed117 := self lookAhead: chunkNamed117.
Compiler evaluate: chunkNamed117 for: self logged: true].
aByteStream skipStyleChunk].
^ valWithOddName47

you introduced the lines:

chunkNamed117 = 'ImageSegment new'
ifTrue:[ chunkNamed117 := 'NativeImageSegment new'].

I think this is not going to work.  The issue being at this point we won't know whether we have a legacy image segment or a native image segment.  If you look at the hierarchy, there is
    ImageSegment
        NativeImageSegment
        LegacyImageSegment
and intentionally all the list vars are in ImageSegment so that when the scan of the actual binary data, embedded in the .pr file occurs, we can use something like (legacy ifTrue: [LegacyImageSegment] ifFalse: [NativeImageSegment]) adoptInstance: themageSegment to become the right kind of image segment.  So the way to proceed is to make ImageSegment intelligent enough to get you as far as the point where the kind of image segment, V3 or Spur, is apparent, and then make the switch.

HTH

> [...]

>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> In 5.1 there is SmartRefStream>>#initKnownRenames which includes:
>>
>> at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>>
>> HTH,
>> Tim
>>

>> On 4/30/2018 7:33 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> Hi Bob
>>>
>>> It still loads fine in Squeak 3.2. Thank you.
>>>
>>> In Squeak 3.8.1 the SmartRefStream needs a new class for
>>>
>>>       AlansTextPlusMorph
>>>

>>> SmartRefStream>>
>>> alansTextPlusMorphbosfcebbmsopssrsggshtt0
>>>
>>>     ^ PutNewClassHere
>>>

>>> Any suggestions what I should put as a new class?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Hannes

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

Yes, you most likely right.
I did some preliminary hacking and got it to partly work, but I don't know the real issues the image segment loading and converting entails.

Best,
Karl

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:07 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, you most likely right.
I did some preliminary hacking and got it to partly work, but I don't know the real issues the image segment loading and converting entails.

It seems that lots of the reading methods are down in NativeImageSegment when they need to be in ImageSegment.  I've just committed a version that moves some of the methods up.  But I think there's still a lot to do.  If you do move methods up try and preserve version stamps  The easy way is to file out a method and then open a file browser, edit "NativeImageSegment" to "ImageSegment" and use ctrl-G/command-G to bring the method back in.

> [...]

>> at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>>
>> HTH,
>> Tim
>>

>> On 4/30/2018 7:33 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> Hi Bob
>>>
>>> It still loads fine in Squeak 3.2. Thank you.
>>>
>>> In Squeak 3.8.1 the SmartRefStream needs a new class for
>>>
>>>       AlansTextPlusMorph
>>>

>>> SmartRefStream>>
>>> alansTextPlusMorphbosfcebbmsopssrsggshtt0
>>>
>>>     ^ PutNewClassHere
>>>

>>> Any suggestions what I should put as a new class?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Hannes

--
best, Eliot

--
best, Eliot

Re: Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

I have all and plan use as test with Karl code as starting

Enviado desde mi iPhone