Dynamic windowSpec generation for BGOK Charts

Dynamic windowSpec generation for BGOK Charts

Stew MacLean

Hi,

I have a requirement for Charts with varying number and name of DataSets.

Rather than hard code all the variations I’d like to generate Charts dynamically.

I’m currently contemplating either:

1)       Hacking into the builder to provide a hook at the point that data set descriptions get added

2)       Generating the source for the windowSpec method and compiling prior to invocation

I’m interested as to what others do in this situation (or if there’s an easier way to achieve this).

Thanks,

Stewart

RE: Dynamic windowSpec generation for BGOK Charts

Stew MacLean

Replying to my own post…

I opted for 2) which works just fine.

Stewart

Re: Dynamic windowSpec generation for BGOK Charts

Reinout Heeck
Stewart MacLean wrote:
> 2)   Generating the source for the windowSpec method and compiling prior
> to invocation

You can skip the compilation step and use WindowSpec instances that you string
together.

As it happens this was discussed a month ago. See here for more:
http://parcplace.net/list/vwnc-archive/0603/msg00445.html

HTH,

Reinout
-------

RE: Dynamic windowSpec generation for BGOK Charts

Stew MacLean
Hi Reinout,

Thanks for the pointer - a far more elegant solution!

In the end I created a template windowSpec and then modified the
resulting FullSpec.

Cheers,

Stewart