Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dynamically updating the inspector window

Andy Burnett
Is there a way to make the inspector automatically update itself, when the value it is inspecting changes?  For example, if I were inspecting an array, and at:1 put: 'blah' I would like the inspector to reflect that change.

I know I can get the window to update by clicking the refresh icon, I just wondered if there is a 'live' way to do this?

Cheers
Andy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dynamically updating the inspector window

Andrei Chis
Hi,

Are you in Pharo 6.1? There is a setting to enable automatic refresh in the inspector. I think it's called Step Refresh in the settings browser.
Should be enabled by default in Pharo 7.
Just now all presentations from the inspector have the automatic refresh implemented.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:52 AM, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to make the inspector automatically update itself, when the value it is inspecting changes?  For example, if I were inspecting an array, and at:1 put: 'blah' I would like the inspector to reflect that change.

I know I can get the window to update by clicking the refresh icon, I just wondered if there is a 'live' way to do this?

Cheers
Andy

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dynamically updating the inspector window

Andy Burnett
In reply to this post by Andy Burnett
Andrei said
>>>
Are you in Pharo 6.1? There is a setting to enable automatic refresh in the inspector. I think it's called Step Refresh in the settings browser.Should be enabled by default in Pharo 7.

Just now all presentations from the inspector have the automatic refresh implemented.
<<<<

That’s great!
Thanks very much.