[ENH]: Autocomplete: Always Insert When Menu Scrolled

1 message Options

[ENH]: Autocomplete: Always Insert When Menu Scrolled

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I made a change that has drastically improved my auto-completion flow. Namely: if the completion menu has any item but the first selected, insert that item in full regardless of the "Insert common prefix" and "Accept on Enter" settings. It's based on my experience that as soon as I start mousing/keying through the menu, it's usually because I see what I want. Currently, it's hard to execute in that case because tab may do nothing if a common prefix is not available, and enter will be similarly disabled depending on that setting. I'm going to play with it for a while and explore a few more tweaks before committing, but I wanted to share it because it's made auto-complete a lot more enjoyable for me.

I'm attaching the changeset to https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10794/ENH-Autocomplete-Always-Insert-When-Menu-Scrolled
Cheers,
Sean