ENH thisContext arguments

Stéphane Ducasse
May be this can be useful to have that defined in ContextPart

arguments
        "returns the arguments of a message invocation"

        | arguments numargs |
        numargs :=  self method numArgs.
        arguments := Array new: numargs.
        1 to: numargs do: [:i | arguments at: i put: (self tempAt: i) ].
        ^ arguments

Let me know I can prepare a enh entry in the bug tracker.

stef

Re: ENH thisContext arguments

Igor Stasenko
2009/2/27 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> May be this can be useful to have that defined in ContextPart

this is definitely useful to hackers, who playing with contexts.
But code which deals with contexts is uncommon thing.
From this point i see it worth adding only to have a complete coverage
of ways to access context-related state.

> arguments
>        "returns the arguments of a message invocation"
>
>        | arguments numargs |
>        numargs :=  self method numArgs.
>        arguments := Array new: numargs.
>        1 to: numargs do: [:i | arguments at: i put: (self tempAt: i) ].
>        ^ arguments
>

> Let me know I can prepare a enh entry in the bug tracker.
>
> stef

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

On Feb 27, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> 2009/2/27 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> May be this can be useful to have that defined in ContextPart
>>
> this is definitely useful to hackers, who playing with contexts.
> But code which deals with contexts is uncommon thing.

but when you need it you need it :)
I static generating stub that when executed recompile another method
with the same name and without stopping
method execution this is really fun.

>> From this point i see it worth adding only to have a complete
>> coverage
> of ways to access context-related state.

Thanks