ESUG 2010 Videos?

Geert Claes
Administrator
Are there any plans to make the ESUG 2010 video recordings of the talks available through the esug.org website soon?

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

Johan Fabry-2

+1. Please announce when they are online!

On 22 Sep 2010, at 10:32, Geert Claes wrote:

> Are there any plans to make the ESUG 2010 video recordings of the talks
> available through the esug.org website soon?

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

jarober
I'm posting the videos into the "Smalltalk Videos" feed:

and archiving them at STIC:

On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:32 AM, Geert Claes wrote:

Are there any plans to make the ESUG 2010 video recordings of the talks
available through the esug.org website soon?

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

Geert Claes
Administrator
Thanks, thats great!  Were all talks recorded on video?

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

jarober
For the recorded video, you can thank the folks at Citilab (where the conference was held).  They both streamed the video (which worked well from what I saw), and saved the raw recordings.  I have the raw recordings (again, thanks to them) - and I'll be editing them for posting.  The editing involves simple stuff, btw:

-- trimming the beginning, where there's often minutes of "dead air" before a presenter was ready
-- adding title screens
-- saving the processed video into multiple formats for easy access, whether it's from a PC, a Mac, or a mobile device

On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:18 AM, Geert Claes wrote:

> Thanks, thats great!  Were all talks recorded on video?

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

stephane ducasse-2
thanks!

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:05 PM, James Robertson wrote:

> I'm posting the videos into the "Smalltalk Videos" feed:
>
> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=smalltalk_videos
>
> and archiving them at STIC:
>
> http://stic.st/stic?content=esug10
>

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:32 AM, Geert Claes wrote:
>

>> Are there any plans to make the ESUG 2010 video recordings of the talks
>> available through the esug.org website soon?

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Geert Claes wrote:

> Thanks, thats great!  Were all talks recorded on video?

yes!!!
And this year not like at Amsterdam we got a videos.

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

Michael Lucas-Smith-2

On Sep 22, 2010, at 8:49 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Geert Claes wrote:
>

>> Thanks, thats great!  Were all talks recorded on video?
>
> yes!!!
> And this year not like at Amsterdam we got a videos.

And the streaming worked very well. Thank you.

Michael

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

marten
Streaming was in general pretty well done - though
one time I had an echo (wherever this came from) and
in general the sound was too low - I had to pull up
my speaker to maximum and within Windows 7 the speaker
control to maximum ...

But actually very, very nice ...

Marten

Am 22.09.2010 17:50, schrieb Michael Lucas-Smith:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 8:49 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>

>> On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Geert Claes wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks, thats great!  Were all talks recorded on video?
>>
>> yes!!!
>> And this year not like at Amsterdam we got a videos.
>>

> And the streaming worked very well. Thank you.
>
> Michael

Re: ESUG 2010 Videos?

Johan Fabry-2

Excellent, my thanks to all involved!