ESUG 2014 REMINDER: 11th Innovation Technology Awards

ESUG 2014 REMINDER: 11th Innovation Technology Awards

Jordi Delgado
ESUG 2014 REMINDER: 11th Innovation Technology Awards

Have you written innovative Smalltalk? The developers of any Smalltalk-based software can enter by submitting a 3-5min video of their software. Entrants demo their systems in a session at the end of Monday August 18th 2014, after which the conference attendees vote. (A vote consists in providing a sorted list of 3 preferred pieces of software.)

The top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros. The results are announced in the Awards ceremony that is held during the social event.

Applicants should provide the following information on the conference registration server. Once you have registered your personal info, an 'Awards' menu allows submitting your software. You can provide this information when you first register, or login again later and update your details. The registration server will open soon. You can start preparing your software right now though.

Info to provide:

Name of the software
Licence information (free, shareware, or commercial)
Name of the Smalltalk dialect used
Name, Affiliation and Country of developers
Besides, it would be great if the submission could include:

URL for a video (3-5 min) showing a screencast / demo of the software
URL for downloading the software or at least a runnable demo
Deadline: August 15th

Any Smalltalker can apply (students, companies, ...). The presented piece of code/software should be written in Smalltalk or directly support Smalltalk (e.g. Smalltalk VM). All Smalltalk dialects are accepted. The applicant should be "strongly related" to the presented code, be it as an author, as owner of the copyright/copyleft, or as an official representative of the copyright/copyleft owner.

Bests,

Jordi

Re: ESUG 2014 REMINDER: 11th Innovation Technology Awards

Jan Vrany
Hi Jordi,

thanks for reminder :-)

> Applicants should provide the following information on the conference
> registration server. Once you have registered your personal info, an
> 'Awards' menu allows submitting your software. You can provide this
> information when you first register, or login again later and update
> your details.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it does not work for me.

When I log in, I see top menu (items in capital on back background)
and second menu (normal letters, turquoise background). None contains
'Awards' though the second contains 'Proposed Awards', so I guess
this is what you meant.

When clicking 'Proposed Awards' I see a page showing:

Submitted awards
Add
Name (D)
Total: 0

I found no way to add a new proposal. The 'Add' text is not
clickable. Could you please give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

All the best, Jan

Re: ESUG 2014 REMINDER: 11th Innovation Technology Awards

jtuchel
Jan,

I see the exact same behavior on Safari 7.05 on Mac.

So how can we propose a solution???

Joachim

Am 28.07.14 um 20:41 schrieb Jan Vrany:

> Hi Jordi,
>
> thanks for reminder :-)
> >
>> Applicants should provide the following information on the conference
>> registration server. Once you have registered your personal info, an
>> 'Awards' menu allows submitting your software. You can provide this
>> information when you first register, or login again later and update
>> your details.
>
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it does not work for me.
>
> When I log in, I see top menu (items in capital on back background)
> and second menu (normal letters, turquoise background). None contains
> 'Awards' though the second contains 'Proposed Awards', so I guess
> this is what you meant.
>
> When clicking 'Proposed Awards' I see a page showing:
>
> Submitted awards
> Add
> Name (D)
> Total: 0
>
> I found no way to add a new proposal. The 'Add' text is not
> clickable. Could you please give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?
>
> All the best, Jan

ESUG Innovation Technology Awards

Jan Vrany
Hi guys,

does anybody of you managed to submit a project to awards following
instructions on the website?

It somehow does not work for me (see below) and apparently Joachim
has experience the same problem (see below).

Jordi, could it be that some permittions are set wrong in the app?
Is there other way to submit a project?

Thanks a lot, see you soon, Jan