ESUG in Amsterdam, how to be present there?

ESUG in Amsterdam, how to be present there?

Janko Mivšek
Dear Aiders,

We need to start a preparation for this year ESUG conference in
Amsterdam August 23-24, 2008. I think we need to have at least one
presentation on Developers forum but it could be fine if we have another
one or two short presentations. Not to mention that it would be nice to
compete on Innovation Technology Awards.

Also as you know ESUG has a student volunteers program, which is a
chance for students to go there for free (including accomodation) in
exchange for light duties helping the organization.

Ok, now please come with ideas of what to do there!

Janko

16th International Smalltalk Joint Conference 2008
http://www.esug.org/conferences/16thinternationalsmalltalkjointconference2008/

Call for Participation
http://www.esug.org/conferences/16thinternationalsmalltalkjointconference2008/callforparticipation/

Student Volunteers Program
http://www.esug.org/conferences/16thinternationalsmalltalkjointconference2008/studentvolunteersprogram/

Innovation Technology Awards 07 (08 not yet announced?)
http://www.esug.org/conferences/15thinternationalsmalltalkjointconference2007/innovationtechnologyawards

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: ESUG in Amsterdam, how to be present there?

Nicolas Petton
Janko,

Since I know That I will go to ESUG this year, I'm also thinking about
it.

Why not present Scribo and its design ? Then we could show how it can be
used and extended, for example with some projects I have based on it.

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: ESUG in Amsterdam, how to be present there?

Janko Mivšek
Nico,

Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Since I know That I will go to ESUG this year, I'm also thinking about
> it.
>
> Why not present Scribo and its design ? Then we could show how it can be
> used and extended, for example with some projects I have based on it.

Yes that would be nice. I can present Aida, Scribo etc in general, our
achievements, community, our projects and plans, you can present Scribo
specifically with blog and other plugins and present current squeak.org
support.

Some other can present some other project or even your own one. This
would be great. And we need to have web site redesign with logo finished
until then and make one very very good t-shirt :)

Janko

Le lundi 17 mars 2008 à 16:32 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> Nico,
>
> Nicolas Petton wrote:
>
> > Since I know That I will go to ESUG this year, I'm also thinking about
> > it.
> >
> > Why not present Scribo and its design ? Then we could show how it can be
> > used and extended, for example with some projects I have based on it.
>
> Yes that would be nice. I can present Aida, Scribo etc in general, our
> achievements, community, our projects and plans, you can present Scribo
> specifically with blog and other plugins and present current squeak.org
> support.
>
> Some other can present some other project or even your own one. This
> would be great. And we need to have web site redesign with logo finished
> until then and make one very very good t-shirt :)
Yes, and BTW, the new aida logo proposals are coming soon.

Nico

> Janko

Re: ESUG in Amsterdam, how to be present there?

Damir Horvat-2
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Some other can present some other project or even your own one. This
> would be great. And we need to have web site redesign with logo finished
> until then and make one very very good t-shirt :)

I can help with CSS. just send me some url's what you'd like aidaweb.si
to look like and I'll do CSS. Is this acceptable?

br,
Damir

Damir Horvat wrote:
> Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> Some other can present some other project or even your own one. This
>> would be great. And we need to have web site redesign with logo finished
>> until then and make one very very good t-shirt :)
>
> I can help with CSS. just send me some url's what you'd like aidaweb.si
> to look like and I'll do CSS. Is this acceptable?

I think Nico has already found one web designer who will continue Nadja
work on logo and as I know designers, they don't like much to work with
CSS, so Damir, your help will definitively be valuable. Let we wait for
Nico to show works of that designer first...

JAnko

Le mardi 18 mars 2008 à 18:31 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> Damir Horvat wrote:
> > Janko Mivšek wrote:
> >> Some other can present some other project or even your own one. This
> >> would be great. And we need to have web site redesign with logo finished
> >> until then and make one very very good t-shirt :)
> >
> > I can help with CSS. just send me some url's what you'd like aidaweb.si
> > to look like and I'll do CSS. Is this acceptable?
>
> I think Nico has already found one web designer who will continue Nadja
> work on logo and as I know designers, they don't like much to work with
> CSS, so Damir, your help will definitively be valuable.
My designer is already working on on the logo AND the CSS. I didn't see
her work yet, so yes, let's wait.

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: ESUG in Amsterdam, how to be present there?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nico,

Nicolas Petton wrote:

>>> I can help with CSS. just send me some url's what you'd like aidaweb.si
>>> to look like and I'll do CSS. Is this acceptable?

>> I think Nico has already found one web designer who will continue Nadja
>> work on logo and as I know designers, they don't like much to work with
>> CSS, so Damir, your help will definitively be valuable.

> My designer is already working on on the logo AND the CSS. I didn't see
> her work yet, so yes, let's wait.

Can we see her other works too? It would be safer to achieve success if
we are knowing her style and experience in advance.

Janko