ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

Mariano Martinez Peck
We are incredibly proud to announce that ESUG was selected for the GSoC 2010. We have a long list of wonderful projects, mentors and a cool website.

We want to thank you to all the people who help us publishing project ideas, giving feedback on the submit text or the English, etc.

For the moment, we don't know the slots (amount of projects) that we will receive.

Don't worry. We will contact you again very soon to let you know the following steps.

Now, prepare yourself. We have to show the rest of the world why we love Smalltalk so much :)

Thank you very much.

The very happy GSoC admin team

Re: ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

SergeStinckwich
Thank you Mariano and Janko for the great effort !

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are incredibly proud to announce that ESUG was selected for the GSoC
> 2010. We have a long list of wonderful projects, mentors and a cool website.
>
> We want to thank you to all the people who help us publishing project ideas,
> giving feedback on the submit text or the English, etc.
>
> For the moment, we don't know the slots (amount of projects) that we will
> receive.
>
> Don't worry. We will contact you again very soon to let you know the
> following steps.
>
> Now, prepare yourself. We have to show the rest of the world why we love
> Smalltalk so much :)
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> The very happy GSoC admin team

Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

Geert Claes
Administrator
Congrats guys!!!

AW: [Esug-list] ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

Nowak, Helge

Congratulations!!! Thanks everyone involved!

Re: Re: ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

jtuchel
That's really good news!
I hope we'll find a lot of students willing to help!

I've been online at 8pm last evening just to see the announcement. And I was
disappointed at first, since I missed the second table on the announcement page
;-)

Thanks to all who made it possible!

Joachim

Geert Claes <[hidden email]> hat am 19. März 2010 um 09:22
geschrieben:

> Congrats guys!!!

Re: ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Smalltalkers!

Maybe you are not aware of what our selection to this year GSoC really means for the Smalltalk community. And I wasn't aware completely until few hours. Just to give you an example, even such big organizations like Ruby or PHP where not selected. From this viewpoint  you can see what we have achieved.

Some people said and still says that Smalltalk is old and that it is dead. Ok, we have been selected by the major Informatics and Software company all over the world.

The point is that ESUG and the Smalltalk community was selected because of the seriousness mixed with passion of all the application, project and ideas. We have an incredible high quality list of ideas and mentors.

We have a unique opportunity to show the rest of the world why we love Smalltalk, why it is much better than other alternatives, etc. So, we invite all of you to make this happens.

Thanks to everybody for all the congratulations and nice words!!!

Your GSoC admins

[hidden email]

http://gsoc2010.esug.org

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are incredibly proud to announce that ESUG was selected for the GSoC 2010. We have a long list of wonderful projects, mentors and a cool website.

We want to thank you to all the people who help us publishing project ideas, giving feedback on the submit text or the English, etc.

For the moment, we don't know the slots (amount of projects) that we will receive.

Don't worry. We will contact you again very soon to let you know the following steps.

Now, prepare yourself. We have to show the rest of the world why we love Smalltalk so much :)

Thank you very much.

The very happy GSoC admin team

Re: ESUG selected as GSoC 2010 mentoring organization!!!!

Jean Marshall and Andy Berry
Hi!

Well done everybody!

Here's something I wrote on why I like Smalltalk:

Hope you all continuing having fun Smalltalking! ;-)

Andy