Easy access on pharo-project.org

Torsten Bergmann
We have the shortcut to the collaborative book:

  http://book.pharo-project.org

Would it be possible:

 1. to access the build server
    https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/

    under a simple name like:

    http://hudson.pharo.org or
    http://ci.pharo.org  (ci = continuos integration)

 2. to access the issue tracker
    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues
    under

    http://issues.pharo-project.org or
    http://bugs.pharo-project.org

 3. to access the wiki
    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list
    under
    http://wiki.pharo-project.org

 4. And the book page
    http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books
    has no reference to the collaborative book
    http://book.pharo-project.org

Thx
T.

Re: Easy access on pharo-project.org

Sven Van Caekenberghe
+1

On a related note, I just discovered that pharo.st actually does the right thing, cool!
I don't know how things are organized, but at least the pharo.st domain seems to be owned by Marcus.
Anyway, in some respects it seems like a better name.

Sven

On 26 Jan 2011, at 11:14, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> We have the shortcut to the collaborative book:
>
>  http://book.pharo-project.org
>

> Would it be possible:
>
> 1. to access the build server
>    https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/
>
>    under a simple name like:
>
>    http://hudson.pharo.org or
>    http://ci.pharo.org  (ci = continuos integration)
>
> 2. to access the issue tracker
>    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues
>    under
>
>    http://issues.pharo-project.org or
>    http://bugs.pharo-project.org
>
> 3. to access the wiki
>    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list
>    under
>    http://wiki.pharo-project.org
>
> 4. And the book page
>    http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books
>    has no reference to the collaborative book
>    http://book.pharo-project.org
>
> Thx
> T.
> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Easy access on pharo-project.org

Adrian Lienhard
Implemented as redirects this is possible. Making the build server available under, say, ci.pharo-project.org should also be possible (without a redirect) since we have access to the server (I assume). With Google project this is obviously not possible.

The question is where to implement the redirects. Marcus, can Hetzner, who hosts the DNS, do this?

Adrian

On Jan 26, 2011, at 13:44 , Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> +1
>
> On a related note, I just discovered that pharo.st actually does the right thing, cool!
> I don't know how things are organized, but at least the pharo.st domain seems to be owned by Marcus.
> Anyway, in some respects it seems like a better name.
>
> Sven
>
> On 26 Jan 2011, at 11:14, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>
>> We have the shortcut to the collaborative book:
>>
>> http://book.pharo-project.org
>>

>> Would it be possible:
>>
>> 1. to access the build server
>>   https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/
>>
>>   under a simple name like:
>>
>>   http://hudson.pharo.org or
>>   http://ci.pharo.org  (ci = continuos integration)
>>
>> 2. to access the issue tracker
>>   http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues
>>   under
>>
>>   http://issues.pharo-project.org or
>>   http://bugs.pharo-project.org
>>
>> 3. to access the wiki
>>   http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list
>>   under
>>   http://wiki.pharo-project.org
>>
>> 4. And the book page
>>   http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books
>>   has no reference to the collaborative book
>>   http://book.pharo-project.org
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>> --
>> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
>> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Easy access on pharo-project.org

Good ideas!

On Jan 26, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> We have the shortcut to the collaborative book:
>
>  http://book.pharo-project.org
>

> Would it be possible:
>
> 1. to access the build server
>    https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/
>
>    under a simple name like:
>
>    http://hudson.pharo.org or
>    http://ci.pharo.org  (ci = continuos integration)
>
> 2. to access the issue tracker
>    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues
>    under
>
>    http://issues.pharo-project.org or
>    http://bugs.pharo-project.org
>
> 3. to access the wiki
>    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list
>    under
>    http://wiki.pharo-project.org
>
> 4. And the book page
>    http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books
>    has no reference to the collaborative book
>    http://book.pharo-project.org
>
> Thx
> T.
> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Easy access on pharo-project.org

Alexandre Bergel
+1

Alexandre

On 26 Jan 2011, at 13:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Good ideas!
>
> On Jan 26, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>
>> We have the shortcut to the collaborative book:
>>
>> http://book.pharo-project.org
>>

>> Would it be possible:
>>
>> 1. to access the build server
>>   https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/
>>
>>   under a simple name like:
>>
>>   http://hudson.pharo.org or
>>   http://ci.pharo.org  (ci = continuos integration)
>>
>> 2. to access the issue tracker
>>   http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues
>>   under
>>
>>   http://issues.pharo-project.org or
>>   http://bugs.pharo-project.org
>>
>> 3. to access the wiki
>>   http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list
>>   under
>>   http://wiki.pharo-project.org
>>
>> 4. And the book page
>>   http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books
>>   has no reference to the collaborative book
>>   http://book.pharo-project.org
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>> --
>> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
>> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Easy access on pharo-project.org

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 26, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Implemented as redirects this is possible. Making the build server available under, say, ci.pharo-project.org should also be possible (without a redirect) since we have access to the server (I assume).

It's a server managed by INRIA IT, though... so we need to check.

> With Google project this is obviously not possible.
>
> The question is where to implement the redirects. Marcus, can Hetzner, who hosts the DNS, do this?

they just provide DNS... is this possible just with DNS?

> Adrian
>
> On Jan 26, 2011, at 13:44 , Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On a related note, I just discovered that pharo.st actually does the right thing, cool!
>> I don't know how things are organized, but at least the pharo.st domain seems to be owned by Marcus.
>> Anyway, in some respects it seems like a better name.
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> On 26 Jan 2011, at 11:14, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>
>>> We have the shortcut to the collaborative book:
>>>
>>> http://book.pharo-project.org
>>>

>>> Would it be possible:
>>>
>>> 1. to access the build server
>>>  https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/
>>>
>>>  under a simple name like:
>>>
>>>  http://hudson.pharo.org or
>>>  http://ci.pharo.org  (ci = continuos integration)
>>>
>>> 2. to access the issue tracker
>>>  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues
>>>  under
>>>
>>>  http://issues.pharo-project.org or
>>>  http://bugs.pharo-project.org
>>>
>>> 3. to access the wiki
>>>  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list
>>>  under
>>>  http://wiki.pharo-project.org
>>>
>>> 4. And the book page
>>>  http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books
>>>  has no reference to the collaborative book
>>>  http://book.pharo-project.org
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> T.
>>> --
>>> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
>>> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

On Jan 30, 2011, at 12:09 , Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> Implemented as redirects this is possible. Making the build server available under, say, ci.pharo-project.org should also be possible (without a redirect) since we have access to the server (I assume).
>
> It's a server managed by INRIA IT, though... so we need to check.
>
>> With Google project this is obviously not possible.
>>
>> The question is where to implement the redirects. Marcus, can Hetzner, who hosts the DNS, do this?
>>

> they just provide DNS... is this possible just with DNS?

Not with DNS, but some DNS hosting services offer redirects AFAIK. We can also do redirects with Cmsbox. You would just need to point the third-level domains to us.

Let's take that offline...

Adrian