Easy way to browse Hermes packages?

alistairgrant
Hi Everyone,

Is there an easy way to browse the contents of .hermes files (from the
Pharo 7 bootstrap process)?  Or at least list the packages, classes
and methods defined within?

Thanks!
Alistair

Re: Easy way to browse Hermes packages?

tesonep@gmail.com
Hello,
   having the Hermes files and any Pharo7 image it is easy to inspect the Hermes package.
It only had to be read from the fileSystem.

You can execute:

reader := HEBinaryReader new
stream: ('AST-Core.hermes' asFileReference) binaryReadStream;
yourself.

package := HEPackage readFrom: reader.

If you inspect the package you will see all the content in the Hermes file (the format allows us to have different root elements in the file, but we are exporting a package per file).
If it is useful we can include it as an inspector.

Cheers,
Pablo

Pablo Tesone.

Re: Easy way to browse Hermes packages?

alistairgrant
Hi Pablo,

Thanks! I'll take a look (my Pharo time is very limited at the moment,
unfortunately).

Cheers,
Alistair