Ecompletion/OCompletion

Stéphane Ducasse
Sadly we cannot have the two together.
So I started to do an analysis of the situation.
OCompletion includes physically ECompletion.

So what I plan to do in the coming months is:
        - make ECompletion working in 1.4 (Alain I need your help with caret, isCaretBehindChar, selectionPosition:, wordAtCaret)

        - analyze the extensions made by each package and move the extension that make sense into their respective packages
        For example E/OCompletion extends Shout with some simple queries, String and other so I will make a list
        of changes that we should move to the right places.

        - understand how we can make sure that OCompletion does not just include the code of ECompletion.
        - understand how to extend Ecompletion to get OCompletion and both working.

Re: Ecompletion/OCompletion

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I made Ecompletion working nicely in 1.4 :).
I will commit a version if I have write access to completion repository.

In addition I moved completion extensions to SHRange to SHRange :).
I will have to update the configurationOfShout.

But
spec for: #pharo do: [
                spec
                        package: 'Shout' with: 'Shout-AlainPlantec.113';
                        package: 'ShoutTests' with: 'ShoutTests-GuillermoPolito.13'.

looks quite old when I see that I'm at Shout-StephaneDucasse.130
So I will check because may be the configuration of metacelloRepository is not up to date.

Stef

> Sadly we cannot have the two together.
> So I started to do an analysis of the situation.
> OCompletion includes physically ECompletion.
>
> So what I plan to do in the coming months is:
> - make ECompletion working in 1.4 (Alain I need your help with caret, isCaretBehindChar, selectionPosition:, wordAtCaret)
>
> - analyze the extensions made by each package and move the extension that make sense into their respective packages
> For example E/OCompletion extends Shout with some simple queries, String and other so I will make a list
> of changes that we should move to the right places.
>
> - understand how we can make sure that OCompletion does not just include the code of ECompletion.
> - understand how to extend Ecompletion to get OCompletion and both working.
>
> Stef

Re: Ecompletion/OCompletion

Alain Plantec-3
Le 23/02/2012 15:49, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> But
> spec for: #pharo do: [
> spec
> package: 'Shout' with: 'Shout-AlainPlantec.113';
> package: 'ShoutTests' with: 'ShoutTests-GuillermoPolito.13'.
>
> looks quite old when I see that I'm at Shout-StephaneDucasse.130
strange, for me, the up-to-date version is Shout-AlainPlantec.114 from
http://www.squeaksource.com/shout <http://www.squeaksource.com/shout%27>
Alain