Editing tables

Annick
Hi,

I was looking at Dataset and Table widgets for the Gui, without
getting what I want : editing a table in place with any number of rows
or columns.
Any idea ?

Annick Fron

Re: Editing tables

James Robertson-7
You might have a look at the Grid widget; the API for adding rows/columns is much simpler.  Look in preview

James Robertson
Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library

On Mar 30, 2010, at 10:23 AM, Annick Fron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at Dataset and Table widgets for the Gui, without
> getting what I want : editing a table in place with any number of rows
> or columns.
> Any idea ?
>
> Annick Fron

Re: Editing tables

Nowak, Helge
Dear Annick,

try the Grid (in preview). Or the Aragon DataSet (in contributed).

HTH
Helge

Re: Editing tables

Steven Kelly
We've used the basic Table for years. There is a fix you need to avoid
errors when there are zero columns:

In TableView>>computeColumnInfo, change the nc = 0 line to:

        (nc = 0 or: [(columnWidths isKindOf: Collection) and:
[columnWidths isEmpty]])
                ifTrue: [^SortedCollection with: 0 with: 0].

The Table is substantially faster than DataSet, which was important for
us since we display quite large matrices.

It doesn't do editing in place, but adding it shouldn't be hard. Just
add an InputField to the windowSpec, initially invisible, and when a
table cell is clicked set its bounds to those of the cell and make it
visible. When editing in it finishes, accept the value into the cell and
hide it again.

Steve

Re: Editing tables

Annick
I already tried it, but the UI builder corrupted my image, so I
dropped it.