Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?

Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?

Jan Theodore Galkowski
Hi.  I right-clicked to get the Education Centre .msi,
saved it, it got virus checked (per normal), but when
I right-clicked and chose "Install", it gave rubbish about
not being properly formed.  I just downloaded the InstMsi.exe
thing a couple of days ago.

Also, I seem to recall when I tried this before, I had
an installation .msi for the Centre of about 800K.
This one is 900K.

I have a screen shot and can send details if anyone
wants.

I can't imagine what changed here.  I have Dolphin 4
up and working, and I've archived Dolphin 3 away.

Hints appreciated.  Thanks.

 Jan Theodore Galkowski        ºoº            [hidden email]
 algebraist.com/   wikiweb.com/    atlasti.de/      [hidden email]
 Ask me about the Disney Vacation Club, or see  algebraist.com/dvc.htm
             "Smalltalk?  Yes, it's really that slick."
   Want to know more?  Check out whysmalltalk.com/, object-arts.com/

Re: Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?

drtau
Are you using Netscape to download?  If so, I believe that you must use
Netscape 6 (otherwise the file gets slightly "mangled" during the download).
The alternative is to use Internet Explorer (any version).

Jan Theodore Galkowski wrote:

> Hi.  I right-clicked to get the Education Centre .msi,
> saved it, it got virus checked (per normal), but when
> I right-clicked and chose "Install", it gave rubbish about
> not being properly formed.  I just downloaded the InstMsi.exe
> thing a couple of days ago.

Re: Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?

Jan Theodore Galkowski
I tried using IE for the download.  Things were better
when I did the install, but it still didn't work, saying
that some 9xxxx.msi was missing from c:\windows\installer\.

Suggestions?

  --jt