Election started!

Brent Vukmer
The first Squeak election has been started on CIVS; all voters have
been invited via email.  About 334 folks were invited; the email
addresses were gathered from SqP, from SM and from the Japanese
Squeaker community.  The election will end at midnight UTC on February
23rd.

Thanks,
Brent

Re: Election started!

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi brent

should we already received an email?
I received nothing so far and I checked my junk folder :).
What should be the title and the sender?

Stef

On 20 févr. 06, at 05:10, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> The first Squeak election has been started on CIVS; all voters have
> been invited via email.  About 334 folks were invited; the email
> addresses were gathered from SqP, from SM and from the Japanese
> Squeaker community.  The election will end at midnight UTC on February
> 23rd.
>
> Thanks,
> Brent

Re: Election started!

Jakub Kozisek-3
Hello!

I received mail at 3:23AM (GMT+1).

Subject: CIVS Election now available for voting: Squeak Election
From: [hidden email]

I've already voted - everything worked without any problems! Good work! :)

Have a nice day!

Jakub

stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Hi brent
>
> should we already received an email?
> I received nothing so far and I checked my junk folder :).
> What should be the title and the sender?
>
> Stef
>

> On 20 févr. 06, at 05:10, Brent Vukmer wrote:
>
>> The first Squeak election has been started on CIVS; all voters have
>> been invited via email.  About 334 folks were invited; the email
>> addresses were gathered from SqP, from SM and from the Japanese
>> Squeaker community.  The election will end at midnight UTC on February
>> 23rd.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brent

Re: Election started!

garduino
Same for me.

Received mail and voted without problems.

Cheers.
gsa.

--
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz
http://www.arsol.net

Re: Election started!

Göran Krampe
Hi all!

Same here, voted without problems. Good work Brent.
And I must say that it was quite hard - which is good - that means we
have a solid lineup. ;)

regards, Göran

Re: Election started!

vaidasd
Hello,
What is the method of calculating winners? Can I rank 5 people with
rank #1 and leave other candidates without rank?
Thank you.
--
Vaidotas Didžbalis

--
Vaidotas Didžbalis

Re: Election started!

Bert Freudenberg-3
Am 20.02.2006 um 05:10 schrieb Brent Vukmer:

> The first Squeak election has been started on CIVS; all voters have
> been invited via email.  About 334 folks were invited; the email
> addresses were gathered from SqP, from SM and from the Japanese
> Squeaker community.  The election will end at midnight UTC on February
> 23rd.

I did not get an invitation. Perhaps because I did not enter my email
address at SqP? Was I supposed to? Did you check?

- Bert -

Re: Election started!

Brent Vukmer
Bert, Stef -

I guess your SqP accounts don't have email addresses.  That was a
requirement for getting to vote; I guess I wasn't clear enough in my
instructions :)

I've manually added you to the CIVS list; you should be getting the
email from it soon.

Re: Election started!

stéphane ducasse-2
Thanks a lot! This is great to see this community moving.

Stef

On 20 févr. 06, at 14:00, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> Bert, Stef -
>
> I guess your SqP accounts don't have email addresses.  That was a
> requirement for getting to vote; I guess I wasn't clear enough in my
> instructions :)

:)

> I've manually added you to the CIVS list; you should be getting the
> email from it soon.

Re: Election started!

Martin Wirblat
Vaidotas Didþbalis wrote:
> Hello,
> What is the method of calculating winners? Can I rank 5 people with
> rank #1 and leave other candidates without rank?

That would completely waste your vote, because only ranking differences
are counted. The best thing to do IMO is to use all ranks from 1 to 10
so that every candidate gets a unique rank.

This way you can not only support your favorites, but lower the chances
of people you don't want to become members of the board, too. So, if you
don't want a specific person being elected, put him at rank 10. The used
counting method models not only electing, it is "de-electing", too.

Moreover, assigning all possible ranks helps your favorites more than
ranking only them. You have to distinguish them from the rest. Ranking
all candidates uniquely will cause the biggest effect.

Regards,
Martin

Re: Election started!

Yanni Chiu
Jakub Kozisek wrote:

> I received mail at 3:23AM (GMT+1).
>
> Subject: CIVS Election now available for voting: Squeak Election
> From: [hidden email]

Brent,

I checked SqP and my email is valid.
I cleared out my spam folder this morning, so I can't check it
more carefully.

Does the election software send out reminders?

Re: Election started!

Brent Vukmer
Yanni -

I don't think it does.  I'll try and re-add you.  Let me know if you
don't get the email.

Re: Election started!

Hans-Martin Mosner
[hidden email] wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>Same here, voted without problems. Good work Brent.
>And I must say that it was quite hard - which is good - that means we
>have a solid lineup. ;)

Absolutely! Whatever the outcome will be, this board will be comprised
of excellent people.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: Election started!

Stephan Rudlof
Brent,

I haven't received the invitation, though I'm fulfilling all needed
criteria (SqP account 'sr')...

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof ([hidden email])

Re: Election started!

Brent Vukmer
Stephan, I had the system re-send you your invitation.  Let me know if
you don't get it.

Thanks,
Brent

Re: Election started!

Simon Michael
Same here.. squeakpeople account 'sm'.

Re: Election started!

Brent Vukmer
Simon -

As with several other folks, CIVS thinks it has already sent you an
invitation.  I've made it send you another invitation.  Let me know if
you don't get the invitation this time.

On 2/22/06, Simon Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Same here.. squeakpeople account 'sm'.

Re: Election started!

Simon Michael
I got that one - thanks!

Re: Election started!

Doug Way

Also, be sure that your squeakpeople account is registered with your
current email address... that explains why I didn't get my invitation.
:)  (Although at this point you'd probably need to email Brent directly
to get the invitation.)

- Doug