Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

Cees De Groot
Hi all,

Some numbers:

- Subscribers to squeak-dev: 1401.
- Certified Squeak People accounts: 237.

That is *not* a good ratio. It means that our voting registry will
have some 15-20% of people on squeak-dev, so even if everyone on SqP
votes it will still be a small minority who will have backed the
"institution" SqF.

Please, please - go to http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ and create
an account if you haven't done so. Add a pointer to your homepage
and/or a small description, for me that's been enough so far to at
least recognize someone as being a "real person" which for me triggers
certification to at least Apprentice, which is what you need to be in
the voting registry.

I want a strong board that can make decisions knowing that they're
backed by a substantial number of Squeakers. And 15% ain't
substantial, in my eyes...

Regards,

Cees

Re: Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

Ken Causey-3
It looks like we are doing a pretty good job of ranking new Squeak
People accounts optimistically to at least get them voting rights.
However we have some 85 past accounts that have never been ranked.
Please take the time to look through these (grey background on the
people list page

http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/

) and rank anyone you recognize.

Thanks,

Ken

Re: Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

Jimmie Houchin
Ken Causey wrote:
> It looks like we are doing a pretty good job of ranking new Squeak
> People accounts optimistically to at least get them voting rights.
> However we have some 85 past accounts that have never been ranked.
> Please take the time to look through these (grey background on the
> people list page
>
> http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/
>
> ) and rank anyone you recognize.

>From my browsing of the Observers, most it seems haven't even posted to
the list. Quite possibly they are in somebody's class somewhere.
Probably need some of the professors to make some determinations as to
qualifications.

Ramon Leon, Ken Brown are the only two that I recognize as having posted
on the squeak-list.

I went back and looked at the archives. Ken seems to keep up with the
list and does some personal projects.

I went ahead and certified these two as aprentice. Others beat me to
Ramon. :)

Hopefully those who vote at least follow the list. Or else they have
little information to base a decision on.

Hopefully we can have a good turn out.

Jimmie

RE: Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

Ramon Leon

> Ramon Leon, Ken Brown are the only two that I recognize as
> having posted on the squeak-list.
>
> I went back and looked at the archives. Ken seems to keep up
> with the list and does some personal projects.
>
> I went ahead and certified these two as apprentice. Others
> beat me to Ramon. :)
>
> Hopefully those who vote at least follow the list. Or else
> they have little information to base a decision on.
>
> Hopefully we can have a good turn out.
>
> Jimmie

Appreciate that someone did, I was about to have to ask.

Re: Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 02:57:12PM -0600, Ken Causey wrote:
> It looks like we are doing a pretty good job of ranking new Squeak
> People accounts optimistically to at least get them voting rights.
> However we have some 85 past accounts that have never been ranked.
> Please take the time to look through these (grey background on the
> people list page
>
> http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/
>
> ) and rank anyone you recognize.

I certified Dmitry Dorofeev (deem0n) as apprentice, but he still
shows up as "observer". Could someone else please enter a certification
on his behalf? Dmitry is active on the Seaside list and is an
enthusiastic new squeaker.

Dave

Re: Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

Brent Vukmer
Thanks for the plug to sign up on SqP, Cees.  Good points.

On 2/17/06, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I certified Dmitry Dorofeev (deem0n) as apprentice, but he still
> shows up as "observer".

Just a quick note: the trust metric is updated every five minutes. So
that's the minimum amount of time you should wait to see whether your
certification made a difference.

Regards,

Cees

Re: Elections - 24 hours to register!!!

garduino
Hi:

I've revised all members and certified (and modified old ones) to all
people I know.

Cheers.
gsa.

--