Embedded Tweak world and a simple 2D embedded Tweak app demo

Embedded Tweak world and a simple 2D embedded Tweak app demo

Georg Köster
Hi everybody,

you find more text and pictures on:
http://tweakingcroquet.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-example-2d-tweak-embedded-app-in.html

The code: http://www.bisbis.de/croquet_embed_tweak/Croquet-Embed-Tweak-GK.10.mcz

I ported the concept of TMorphicWorld to Tweak with TEmbeddedTweakWorld. It was fairly straightforward, and there's no multi-hand support yet, but I'd like to hear your comments about it.

@David Faught: It's really an instance next to each replica - not (as in VNC) one app instance which's output is 'broadcast' everywhere.

Cheers,
Georg

Re: Embedded Tweak world and a simple 2D embedded Tweak app demo

Carlos Crosetti
nice contribution, thanks!

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://tweakingcroquet.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-example-2d-tweak-embedded-app-in.html" target="_blank">http://tweakingcroquet.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-example-2d-tweak-embedded-app-in.html

The code: <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.bisbis.de/croquet_embed_tweak/Croquet-Embed-Tweak-GK.10.mcz" target="_blank">http://www.bisbis.de/croquet_embed_tweak/Croquet-Embed-Tweak-GK.10.mcz

Carlos Crosetti

Re: Embedded Tweak world and a simple 2D embedded Tweak app demo

Georg Köster
Answer to Feedback from Kiran: To run the simple demo there is a class method on the TSimpleEmbedTweakApp.
Use the KAT Demo, say Explore Harness in the Admin Menu and do

TSimpleEmbedTweakApp createInHarness: self

in the lower part of the a KStandardHarness Window. Then Do it (Ctrl or Apple-command + d).

Cheers!
Georg

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Georg Köster <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

you find more text and pictures on:
http://tweakingcroquet.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-example-2d-tweak-embedded-app-in.html

The code: http://www.bisbis.de/croquet_embed_tweak/Croquet-Embed-Tweak-GK.10.mcz

I ported the concept of TMorphicWorld to Tweak with TEmbeddedTweakWorld. It was fairly straightforward, and there's no multi-hand support yet, but I'd like to hear your comments about it.

@David Faught: It's really an instance next to each replica - not (as in VNC) one app instance which's output is 'broadcast' everywhere.

Cheers,
Georg

Re: Re: Embedded Tweak world and a simple 2D embedded Tweak app demo

KiranMutt
Excellent lesson.

Thanks & Regards
Kiran

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Georg Köster <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

David Faught
Interesting!  Are you releasing this under the Croquet License so that
it might be included in the Croquet SDK someday?

On 8/12/08, Georg Köster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Answer to Feedback from Kiran: To run the simple demo there is a class
> method on the TSimpleEmbedTweakApp.
> Use the KAT Demo, say Explore Harness in the Admin Menu and do
>
> TSimpleEmbedTweakApp createInHarness: self
>
> in the lower part of the a KStandardHarness Window. Then Do it (Ctrl or
> Apple-command + d).
>
> Cheers!
> Georg
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Georg Köster <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > you find more text and pictures on:
> >
> http://tweakingcroquet.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-example-2d-tweak-embedded-app-in.html
> >
> > The code:
> http://www.bisbis.de/croquet_embed_tweak/Croquet-Embed-Tweak-GK.10.mcz
> >
> > I ported the concept of TMorphicWorld to Tweak with TEmbeddedTweakWorld.
> It was fairly straightforward, and there's no multi-hand support yet, but
> I'd like to hear your comments about it.
> >
> > @David Faught: It's really an instance next to each replica - not (as in
> VNC) one app instance which's output is 'broadcast' everywhere.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Georg

Re: Re: Embedded Tweak world and a simple 2D embedded Tweak app demo

Georg Köster
Sure:

The code of Croquet-Embed-Tweak-GK.10.mcz is released with Copyright under the Croquet License as used for the Croquet SDK on http://www.opencroquet.org.

Best,