Embracing Morph

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

I fell like asking this question is ridiculous, but I can't see it in
the Morph populations.

I would like an owner Morph where I add submorph at random positions,
then I want the owner morph to automatically shrink its extent to its
submorphs.
Apparently it does not exist. Am I missing somethings?

Thanks

Hilaire
--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: Embracing Morph

stepharo
this is not what shrinked wrap is doing?

Stef

On 25/10/14 06:09, Hilaire wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I fell like asking this question is ridiculous, but I can't see it in
> the Morph populations.
>
> I would like an owner Morph where I add submorph at random positions,
> then I want the owner morph to automatically shrink its extent to its
> submorphs.
> Apparently it does not exist. Am I missing somethings?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire

Re: Embracing Morph

HilaireFernandes
Yes but as far as I understand it works only for table layout, or am I
wrong?

I don't want table layout, just an arbitrary morph composition, like in
the screenshot. See the blue morph is the owner, then the bag and down
arrow submorphs.

PS: without table layout #shrinkWrap works for left and bottom
extension/shrink of the owner morph, but does not work with submorphs
above or at right of the owner bounds.

Le 26/10/2014 00:19, stepharo a écrit :
> this is not what shrinked wrap is doing?

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

a Morph(758906880).jpeg (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Embracing Morph

HilaireFernandes
Le 26/10/2014 09:55, Hilaire a écrit :
> PS: without table layout #shrinkWrap works for left and bottom
> extension/shrink of the owner morph, but does not work with submorphs
> above or at right of the owner bounds.

Responding to myself for the record.

It looks like the following combinaison help to resolve the issue:

"
add submoprhs at arbitrary positions
"
self vResizing: #shrinkWrap; hResizing: #shrinkWrap.
self layoutBounds: self submorphBounds.
self openInWorld

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu