Emergency evaluator refresh problem

Usman Bhatti
After exiting from emergency evaluator in pharo, pharo desktop/home is not repainted/refreshed. Is it an issue or a feature?

Inline image 2

Re: Emergency evaluator refresh problem

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 24, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> After exiting from emergency evaluator in pharo, pharo desktop/home is not repainted/refreshed. Is it an issue or a feature?

I think when the evaluator pops up people just don't care about details like that anymore.
(I mean, something *horrible* whent wrong and everyone is happy to just ne able to rescue the image...
refresh then is just not on your mind).

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

On Feb 25, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Usman Bhatti wrote:
>
>> After exiting from emergency evaluator in pharo, pharo desktop/home is not repainted/refreshed. Is it an issue or a feature?
>>

> I think when the evaluator pops up people just don't care about details like that anymore.
> (I mean, something *horrible* whent wrong and everyone is happy to just ne able to rescue the image...
> refresh then is just not on your mind).

Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Emergency evaluator refresh problem

Eliot Miranda-2

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Feb 24, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> After exiting from emergency evaluator in pharo, pharo desktop/home is not repainted/refreshed. Is it an issue or a feature?

I think when the evaluator pops up people just don't care about details like that anymore.
(I mean, something *horrible* whent wrong and everyone is happy to just ne able to rescue the image...
refresh then is just not on your mind).

and might be a really bad idea given that the image is in a barely surviving state (at least its able to run the emergency evaluator).

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

--