Empty debugger - Pharo 5.0

Dale Henrichs-3
I've gotten to a point where I get a single frame in a debugger ...
Here's a healthy halt run from a playground:

healthy halt

and here's the empty halt:

empty halt

When I open a debugger I only see the one frame .. this is not quite right ... The other thing that happens in this mode is that halts don't halt the ui process and I can end up with a screen full of halt if I put a halt in a loop or worse I end up with infinite errors, because the UI process is not halted (at least that's my current hypothesis) ...

There is a UI process and I have saved and restarted the image at this point:
process browser

In a helathy image the UI process stack looks very similar, but I do notice that I've got an OSSubprocess child watcher in the healthy image and it is missing from the sick image:

healthy process

It appears that I create this problem when I terminate a debugger that was brought up in an ensure block ... once I've done this the image becomes completely unusable (for development and debugging) and I have to create a new image from scratch ...

I'm hoping that someone can give me the secret formula for repairing things ...

Is the UI process instance cached somewhere and when I nuke the process running ensure blocks the debugger's ensure block doesn't run or some such thing?

I'll follow this route as I investigate ... any help would be appreciated as this makes debugging very time consuming

Dale

Re: Empty debugger - Pharo 5.0

Dale Henrichs-3
additional information ... in following the logic in DebugSession>>resumeProcess, I found DebugSession>>isContextPostMortem: and I recall that yesterday I ended up with a screenfull of MNU #findContextSuchThat: partial debuggers in case that helps ...

But this might be consequence of something else getting fouled up in the image ...

Dale