Enable/Disable GTSpotter

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

is there an easy way to enable/disable GTSpotter in Pharo 4 ?
In GTInspector I think there is a class variable but I don't see
something like that in GTSpotter.

--
Cyril Ferlicot ([hidden email])

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: Enable/Disable GTSpotter

Tudor Girba-2
Do you mean that you want to have a different search solution when you press Shift+Enter or when you select it from the World menu?

At the moment, this is not possible.

May I ask where is the problem coming from? Perhaps there are things we can do to solve your problem.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."

Re: Enable/Disable GTSpotter

EstebanLM
I do not think is a problem but if you want to distribute a desktop app you might want to disable it, so I think is a good think to have a setting for it.

cheers,
Esteban

Le 18/11/2015 13:25, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Do you mean that you want to have a different search solution when you press Shift+Enter or when you select it from the World menu?
>
> At the moment, this is not possible.
>
> May I ask where is the problem coming from? Perhaps there are things we can do to solve your problem.

The problem is that I want a desktop application.

With the spotter we can access to the code, so I just want to disable it
when we are not in development mode.

We can add a setting to Pharo 5 but in Pharo 4 there is no easy way to
disable it.

I think we should also add an easy way to create a deployment image
directly inside Pharo.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."

--
Cyril Ferlicot ([hidden email])

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: Enable/Disable GTSpotter

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Ok, for that problem we already have a solution provided by the Keymapping engine:

(KMRepository default globalCategories detect: [ :each |
  each isKindOf: GTSpotterGlobalShortcut ])
  allEntries keymaps do: #disable

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: Enable/Disable GTSpotter

EstebanLM

> On 18 Nov 2015, at 09:50, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Ok, for that problem we already have a solution provided by the Keymapping engine:
>
> (KMRepository default globalCategories detect: [ :each |
>  each isKindOf: GTSpotterGlobalShortcut ])
>  allEntries keymaps do: #disable

that’s a workaround, not a solution :)
(I’m ok if that’s the way to do it in Pharo4… I will still add a setting in Pharo5)

cheers,
Esteban

Le 18/11/2015 13:56, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

> that’s a workaround, not a solution :)
> (I’m ok if that’s the way to do it in Pharo4… I will still add a setting in Pharo5)
>
> cheers,
> Esteban

Thank you Doru.

I opened a bug entry to get a easier way to do it and to add it to the
settings.

--
Cyril Ferlicot ([hidden email])

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: Enable/Disable GTSpotter

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 18-11-15 13:30, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> I do not think is a problem but if you want to
> distribute a desktop app you might want to
 > disable it, so I think is a good think to
> have a setting for it

Ahem. Why would a setting be helpful for a desktop application?
You might want to unload Spotter, or only load a specific group.
I don't see this use case.

Stephan

Re: Enable/Disable GTSpotter

stepharo

Le 18/11/15 13:56, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

>> On 18 Nov 2015, at 09:50, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ok, for that problem we already have a solution provided by the Keymapping engine:
>>
>> (KMRepository default globalCategories detect: [ :each |
>>   each isKindOf: GTSpotterGlobalShortcut ])
>>   allEntries keymaps do: #disable
> that’s a workaround, not a solution :)
> (I’m ok if that’s the way to do it in Pharo4… I will still add a setting in Pharo5)

And a unload method.