Enable/Disable NewInspector

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi, is there a way to enable and disable NewInspector in a PharoDev image?  I don't want to remove neither not load. I want that having both in the system, if there is a way right now to decide which one to use.

thanks

mariano

Re: Enable/Disable NewInspector

Frederic Pluquet-3
Execute the following code and chose the toolset you need.

ToolSet askForDefault

Fréd
----
Frédéric Pluquet
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Assistant
http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/fpluquet

2010/9/16 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
Hi, is there a way to enable and disable NewInspector in a PharoDev image?  I don't want to remove neither not load. I want that having both in the system, if there is a way right now to decide which one to use.

thanks

mariano

Re: Enable/Disable NewInspector

Schwab,Wilhelm K
My 1.1 image is showing its age, not because it is aging but because Pharo is evolving.  The last time I had to give any thought to it (and I am not a fan of the new inspector), I found that activating the standard toolset gave me most of what I wanted, including using the ordinary inspector instead of the new inspector.  However, I just looked at the code I use (aka Migrate) to check, save and load packages, and find that

    ToolSet default:StandardToolSet.

is commented out.  It is not immediately obvious whether the image I am using now was built that way, or if (as sometimes happens) I tried a new image, noted that the change was no longer needed and made the change for "next time."

If there is a way to keep the new inspector and make it easy to disable, then by all means keep it around.  I happen to greatly prefer the explorer for what the new inspector tries to do, but if it is dormant, what's the harm?

Bill

Hi, is there a way to enable and disable NewInspector in a PharoDev image?  I don't want to remove neither not load. I want that having both in the system, if there is a way right now to decide which one to use.

thanks

mariano

Re: Enable/Disable NewInspector

Schwab,Wilhelm K
That changes the toolset as a whole (which I have used to good effect, at least in the past), but is there a way to change just the default inspector?