Encoding Rendering problem

cbeler
Hi
>> If you aren't already, try using "WAEncodedKom startOn: 9090" instead  > of "WAKom startOn: 9090".  This will do the proper conversions to and  > from UTF-8 from WideString.
I also have some problem with french characters... (é à è ...) using Magritte
- with WAKom
I have encoding problems for strings written in the squeak browser (ex: a label definition for a description like 'Nationalité')Inputs done from forms are ok.
- with WAKomEncoded, it's the opposite situation. Description labels are correctly rendered whereas forms inputs are corrupted...
Do you know how to solve this problem ? (I probably missed something to configure)
Thanks
Cédrick
_______________________________________________SmallWiki, Magritte, Pier and Related Tools ...https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/smallwiki

Re: Encoding Rendering problem

Lukas Renggli-2
>> If you aren't already, try using "WAEncodedKom startOn: 9090" instead
>> of "WAKom startOn: 9090".  This will do the proper conversions to and
>> from UTF-8 from WideString.
>
> I also have some problem with french characters... (é à è ...) using
> Magritte

I usually have problems with german umlauts (ä, ö, ü, ...) ;-)

> Do you know how to solve this problem ? (I probably missed
> something to configure)

Does the resulting HTML has a propre encoding?

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Does your web-browser properly detect and interpret this tag?

Do you have all your string-constants within your image using this
encoding? Strings coming from the web and going back into the web,
should be fine and no conversion is needed.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Encoding Rendering problem

cbeler
Hi :)

>Does the resulting HTML has a propre encoding?
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

euh... I tried by creating a html file and open it... and I see no
probs... Do you meant inserting it in the generated xhtml ?

>Does your web-browser properly detect and interpret this tag?

seems ok as the encoding is automatically set to utf-8 (if I change and
refresh, it goes back to utf-8).

>Do you have all your string-constants within your image using this
>encoding? Strings coming from the web and going back into the web,
>should be fine and no conversion is needed.

- with WAKom
My browser has utf-8 and then display not correctly say 'définition' (a
MADescription label) but when I change to ISO-8859-15, it's ok...  and
then, entries are not good.
ex: (utf-8) d?finition: une définition       ( ISO-8859-15) définition:
une dÄ@finition

Also, when I enter through web-forms generated by magritte, values
stored in my objects are corrupted when I inspect them in squeak...But
if i change (temporarly) the encoding from utf-8 to ISO-8859-15 before
feeding the form (and hitting enter), then the data in squeak are
correct... (and correctly displayed with WAKomEncoded or by switching to
ISO-8859-15)...

so I don't really know how to solve that...  using WAKomEncoded doesn't
really help (combined to Magritte) I just don't know - Maybe the problem
is coming from the encoding in squeak... which I believe is set to
ISO-8859-15 ??  If true, is it possible to change it ? is there an
encoding option in squeak (didn't find it)?

Thanks

Cédrick

ps: with store (sushi shop), whereas I use WAKom or WAKomEncoded, I have
no corrupted character in what's displayed in the browser. Nevertheless,
I need to use WAKomEncoded to have the correct encoding  inside squeak
(when I inspect objet in squeak).