Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Engineering notation

Andreas Sunardi
I probably telling what has been known for ages, but some months ago I was pleasantly surprise to find a space is not needed between the receiver and the message when the receiver is a number. Because of that I'm able to define, for example #u, #n and #k for micron, nano and kilo units, and use them as in 1u, 1n and 1k.

I don't know if this is intended or not, but I'm using it to my benefit. I want to share this in case some body finds this and thinks it should be fixed. I'm pleading to leave it as is.

--
Andreas Sunardi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Engineering notation

Marcus Denker-4
yes, some people use

1halt.

instead of

self halt

as it is less characters to type…

Marcus

> On 30 Aug 2017, at 22:48, Andreas Sunardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I probably telling what has been known for ages, but some months ago I was pleasantly surprise to find a space is not needed between the receiver and the message when the receiver is a number. Because of that I'm able to define, for example #u, #n and #k for micron, nano and kilo units, and use them as in 1u, 1n and 1k.
>
> I don't know if this is intended or not, but I'm using it to my benefit. I want to share this in case some body finds this and thinks it should be fixed. I'm pleading to leave it as is.
>
> --
> Andreas Sunardi

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Uhnak
Keep in mind that autoformatting will add the space.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, some people use

1halt.

+1halt. ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
In reply to this post by Andreas Sunardi
Nope I did not know that.

I don't see my self using it  any time soon because I like my code as English like as possible but It definitely can be useful in some cases. 

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:49 PM Andreas Sunardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I probably telling what has been known for ages, but some months ago I was pleasantly surprise to find a space is not needed between the receiver and the message when the receiver is a number. Because of that I'm able to define, for example #u, #n and #k for micron, nano and kilo units, and use them as in 1u, 1n and 1k.

I don't know if this is intended or not, but I'm using it to my benefit. I want to share this in case some body finds this and thinks it should be fixed. I'm pleading to leave it as is.

--
Andreas Sunardi