Enhancement: Browsing SLICE dependencies with tree view in Monticello Repository Inspector

Enhancement: Browsing SLICE dependencies with tree view in Monticello Repository Inspector

Ben Coman
I originally thought something was wrong when I could not browse the
code of a SLICE using Monticello.  After hunting around I found [1]
saying this is expected behaviour.  However I then suggest the following
enhancement:

Have the right-pane of the Monticello Repositoy Inspector be a tree
view, such that dependencies are the children which can then be
<Browsed> together from the one place, rather than having to chase them
manually.

This seems more intuitive usage, especially for those not familiar with
what slices are.  (I had to hunt around for 5 minutes to find out)
What do you think?

cheers, -ben

[1]  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1606
says " <Browse> in MC only browses the contents of the *selected*
package - not of dependent packages. Therefore the slice package always
looks empty, because it actually is empty."

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Enhancement: Browsing SLICE dependencies with tree view in Monticello Repository Inspector

Ben Coman
Mariano,
After getting distracted by a few other things in Pharo-1.4, I just got
a chance to try this and it now works "as expected" to (I assume) browse
the combined code of dependents.  Thanks for the tip and also to those
responsible for the change.