Enhancement Request of Debugger

Jeffrey Odell-2
I have a small (well, maybe ;>) enhancement request for the debugger.  As
you are stepping with the debugger, the next statement to be executed is
highlighted in the code pane.  However, if you hit inspect, it appears to
inspect based on the object the list pane.  I would prefer it inspect the
selected code in the code pane.  Otherwise, I have to reselect the same text
in the code pane to inspect it's results.

I'm probably biased as this is the way the VA debugger works and I'm used to
using that feature.  Others may like it they way it is, or simply not have
tried it.

jlo

Re: Enhancement Request of Debugger

Ian Bartholomew-6
Jeffrey,

>                              .  However, if you hit inspect, it appears to
> inspect based on the object the list pane.  I would prefer it inspect the
> selected code in the code pane.  Otherwise, I have to reselect the same
text
> in the code pane to inspect it's results.

Again, not quite what you want but "inspect" on the text view's context menu
always (?) inspects the result from evaluating the selected text - you don't
have to do any extra highlighting first.

It's a bit "swings and roundabouts" though. Sometimes, and I would think it
more common, you do want to inspect the contents of a variable or stack slot
so I'm not sure the way it works now shouldn't be the default.

Ian

Re: Enhancement Request of Debugger

Jeffrey Odell-2
Oops - I wasn't clear - I'm hitting Crtl-I, which seems to inspect what is
in the list no matter what.

jlo