Enhancement idea: Filter Class Methods

David G Jones
Hi, a possible enhancement idea.

-Open a Class Browser
-Select the Bag class
-Flip to the Class tab
-In the methods tab select "Show Inherited Methods" from the context
menu

Note that a huge number of methods are now listed.

There is a "Filter Object Methods" which helps to trim out some of
selectors, but there still remains a lot of stuff from Class and its
inherited methods.

Would it make sense to also add a "Filter Class Methods", that would
filter out Class methods and all its inherited methods?

I realise the name could it be a little confusing, so some other name
might be better.

Cheers
--
David G Jones               mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.abora.org                http://www.night.dircon.co.uk

Re: Enhancement idea: Filter Class Methods

Blair McGlashan
David

You wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
> Hi, a possible enhancement idea. [to show inherited methods]
> Would it make sense to also add a "Filter Class Methods", that would
> filter out Class methods and all its inherited methods?

We intend to improve this mechanism in a future release to allow selection
of the depth to display (or something like that), but certainly what you
suggest would be the basis of a useful enhancement for a patch level. I'd
suggest though that we just keep a single filter command, which on the
instance side filters out the Object methods, and on the class side filters
out Object class and above. In fact I think this is probably the meaning of
the existing enhancement request (due to Costas Menico) that "Filter Object
methods should remove everything above Object in the chain of inherited
methods", so I will add your request to that.

Hope you are well and prospering, regards

Blair