Entering a fixed point number at the st> prompt causes divide by zero error. Is this the expected behavior. Please see below for integer, floating point, scaled decimal, and fixed point entries.

Entering a fixed point number at the st> prompt causes divide by zero error. Is this the expected behavior. Please see below for integer, floating point, scaled decimal, and fixed point entries.

highbeg
st> 1 "integer"
1
st> 1.1e0 "floating point"
1.1
st> 1.1s2 "scaled decimal"
1.10s2
st> 1.1 "fixed point"
Object: 1 error: The program attempted to divide a number by zero
ZeroDivide(Exception)>>signal (ExcHandling.st:254)
SmallInteger(Number)>>zeroDivide (SysExcept.st:1426)
Fraction>>setNumerator:setDenominator: (Fraction.st:485)
Fraction class>>numerator:denominator: (Fraction.st:66)
Fraction>>- (Fraction.st:151)
FloatD(Float)>>printOn:special: (Float.st:533)
FloatD(Float)>>printOn: (Float.st:436)
FloatD(Object)>>printString (Object.st:534)
FloatD(Object)>>printNl (Object.st:571)

RE: Entering a fixed point number at the st> prompt causes divide by zero error. Is this the expected behavior. Please see below for integer, floating point, scaled decimal, and fixed point entries.

mbratch

What version of gst are you running? I running 3.2.91, and I get:

st> 1.1 “fixed point”

1.1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Entering a fixed point number at the st> prompt causes divide by zero error. Is this the expected behavior. Please see below for integer, floating point, scaled decimal, and fixed point entries.

highbeg
Mark,

I'm running version 3.2.5, it comes with the latest Ubuntu. Does 3.2.91
support pi? Just curious as a few Smalltalk examples I've seen imply pi
support.

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll investigate further and report my
findings.

Gary Highberger