Entry points or callbacks?

Chris Harrington
In VisualAge Smalltalk, I can create an instance of a class called
EsEntryPoint which allows me to pass the equivalent of a pointer to a
function to an external function.  Many Windows API calls, for instance
RasDial() take a pointer to a function to be used as a call back.  Does
Dolphin have a similar beast?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Entry points or callbacks?

Bill Schwab-2
Chris,

> In VisualAge Smalltalk, I can create an instance of a class called
> EsEntryPoint which allows me to pass the equivalent of a pointer to a
> function to an external function.  Many Windows API calls, for instance
> RasDial() take a pointer to a function to be used as a call back.  Does
> Dolphin have a similar beast?

Look for ExternalCallback.  It's used to enumerate fonts, among other
things.  The external interfacing section of the Education Centre (at least
the one that shipped with 3.x) describes it.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.