Epicea feedback - save points

Ben Coman
When I'm in need Epicea, the common scenario is that I've working in the same session of an Image most of the day, or even days, and I've done something stupid to lock up the UI, and its only been an hour since my last save point (force of habit).  When I review Epicea, "Filter > Show latest changes" its still ahrd to determine which changes I'm missing.  What I've just realised is I miss the visibility of the Save Point in the old changes system.  I'd find it really useful for the save points to be show in the changes list, and also a filter I'd find really useful is "Shows latest changes since last save".

cheers -ben

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

NorbertHartl
Same for me. I thought the last save point would be the last session in the list but I don‘t think that is really true. So I‘m confused by Epicea, too.

Norbert

> Am 13.12.2017 um 08:27 schrieb Ben Coman <[hidden email]>:
>
> When I'm in need Epicea, the common scenario is that I've working in the same session of an Image most of the day, or even days, and I've done something stupid to lock up the UI, and its only been an hour since my last save point (force of habit).  When I review Epicea, "Filter > Show latest changes" its still ahrd to determine which changes I'm missing.  What I've just realised is I miss the visibility of the Save Point in the old changes system.  I'd find it really useful for the save points to be show in the changes list, and also a filter I'd find really useful is "Shows latest changes since last save".
>

> cheers -ben

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

Stephane Ducasse-3
I think that epicea save point are the list elements on the left.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Same for me. I thought the last save point would be the last session in the list but I don‘t think that is really true. So I‘m confused by Epicea, too.
>
> Norbert
>
>> Am 13.12.2017 um 08:27 schrieb Ben Coman <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> When I'm in need Epicea, the common scenario is that I've working in the same session of an Image most of the day, or even days, and I've done something stupid to lock up the UI, and its only been an hour since my last save point (force of habit).  When I review Epicea, "Filter > Show latest changes" its still ahrd to determine which changes I'm missing.  What I've just realised is I miss the visibility of the Save Point in the old changes system.  I'd find it really useful for the save points to be show in the changes list, and also a filter I'd find really useful is "Shows latest changes since last save".
>>

>> cheers -ben

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

Ben Coman
Hi Stef,

I think that is incorrect. Its easy to be certain...
1. Open Epicea
2. Save and continue
3. Open Epicea and observe there is no difference

cheers -ben

On 13 December 2017 at 17:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that epicea save point are the list elements on the left.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Same for me. I thought the last save point would be the last session in the list but I don‘t think that is really true. So I‘m confused by Epicea, too.
>
> Norbert
>
>> Am 13.12.2017 um 08:27 schrieb Ben Coman <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> When I'm in need Epicea, the common scenario is that I've working in the same session of an Image most of the day, or even days, and I've done something stupid to lock up the UI, and its only been an hour since my last save point (force of habit).  When I review Epicea, "Filter > Show latest changes" its still ahrd to determine which changes I'm missing.  What I've just realised is I miss the visibility of the Save Point in the old changes system.  I'd find it really useful for the save points to be show in the changes list, and also a filter I'd find really useful is "Shows latest changes since last save".
>>

>> cheers -ben

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

Stephane Ducasse-3
Ok so we should check because it should not be complex to add that.
The model is quite nice.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> I think that is incorrect. Its easy to be certain...
> 1. Open Epicea
> 2. Save and continue
> 3. Open Epicea and observe there is no difference
>
> cheers -ben
>

> On 13 December 2017 at 17:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think that epicea save point are the list elements on the left.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Same for me. I thought the last save point would be the last session in
>> > the list but I don‘t think that is really true. So I‘m confused by Epicea,
>> > too.
>> >
>> > Norbert

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

tinchodias
Hi

When you "save and close" or "save as..." then next changes will go to a new log file. Then, they will have a new item of the left of the browser (as Stef said).
When you just "save", I agree I'd like that. It was there originally but I disabled it because of a bug related with the announcement. Apparently now it can be re-enabled: https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18754/Epicea-should-log-image-saving

Martín

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok so we should check because it should not be complex to add that.
The model is quite nice.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
> I think that is incorrect. Its easy to be certain...
> 1. Open Epicea
> 2. Save and continue
> 3. Open Epicea and observe there is no difference
>
> cheers -ben
>

> On 13 December 2017 at 17:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think that epicea save point are the list elements on the left.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Same for me. I thought the last save point would be the last session in
>> > the list but I don‘t think that is really true. So I‘m confused by Epicea,
>> > too.
>> >
>> > Norbert

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks Martin!!!

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> When you "save and close" or "save as..." then next changes will go to a new
> log file. Then, they will have a new item of the left of the browser (as
> Stef said).
> When you just "save", I agree I'd like that. It was there originally but I
> disabled it because of a bug related with the announcement. Apparently now
> it can be re-enabled:
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18754/Epicea-should-log-image-saving
>
> Martín
>
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ok so we should check because it should not be complex to add that.
>> The model is quite nice.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi Stef,
>> >
>> > I think that is incorrect. Its easy to be certain...
>> > 1. Open Epicea
>> > 2. Save and continue
>> > 3. Open Epicea and observe there is no difference
>> >
>> > cheers -ben

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

Stephane Ducasse-3
I love epicea :)
Did you see that now people use my extension to generate docs :)

Stef

El 16 dic. 2017 5:04 AM, "Stephane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> escribió:
I love epicea :)
Did you see that now people use my extension to generate docs :)

no i didnt! how could i see that?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Martin!!!
>
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> When you "save and close" or "save as..." then next changes will go to a new
>> log file. Then, they will have a new item of the left of the browser (as
>> Stef said).
>> When you just "save", I agree I'd like that. It was there originally but I
>> disabled it because of a bug related with the announcement. Apparently now
>> it can be re-enabled:
>> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18754/Epicea-should-log-image-saving
>>
>> Martín
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok so we should check because it should not be complex to add that.
>>> The model is quite nice.

Re: Epicea feedback - save points

Stephane Ducasse-3
This is my bookHelpers on SmalltalkHub. I extended Epicea and we can
fileout changes into pillar or mardown.