Error 362 while creating XD image

thomas....@natural-software.eu
Hi

I finally got around to migrate our applications to VA/ST 8.6.2

When I try to create an XD image (Workbench, etc. is loaded), I get the following message (progress bar is at about 25%) and the process stops

Error: 362   Cannot complete the load because ObjectLoader(14.08.2015 18:43:55) in Swapper does not exist in the library.

The Swapper Application is loaded in the main image and as far as I can tell, all the paths in the .ini are pointing to the correct directories.

What can I do to correct this situation?

Kind regards

Thomas Stalzer

Re: Error 362 while creating XD image

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Thomas,

Maybe someone else can answer your question with the information you have supplied but I need more, so can you please tell us more about how you are trying to create the XD image.

Lou

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 3:43:26 AM UTC-4, Thomas Stalzer wrote:
Hi

I finally got around to migrate our applications to VA/ST 8.6.2

When I try to create an XD image (Workbench, etc. is loaded), I get the following message (progress bar is at about 25%) and the process stops

Error: 362   Cannot complete the load because ObjectLoader(14.08.2015 18:43:55) in Swapper does not exist in the library.

The Swapper Application is loaded in the main image and as far as I can tell, all the paths in the .ini are pointing to the correct directories.

What can I do to correct this situation?

Kind regards

Thomas Stalzer

Re: Error 362 while creating XD image

thomas....@natural-software.eu
Hi Lou

Sorry - I honestly thought it was enough information. To reproduce, I did the following steps

- Open Smalltalk Environments and create a new image for 8.6.2
- Start the new image; during reconnect, there are no error message regarding missing classes, etc. everything seems normal
- Go to tools "Load/Unload features". Select "ST: Server Workbench, Base" and load
- Menu "XD" gets added to the transript
- Menu "XD" - select option "New image..."
- Give the image a name "Test XD". No feature under "Installed features is selected. Subsystem types, leave default, language "german", Territory "germany", Character Set "ibm-819"
- Press ok

Load fails after approx. 25% with the following message in the Transcript

Error: 362   Cannot complete the load because ObjectLoader(14.08.2015 18:43:55) in Swapper does not exist in the library.

Thanks

Thomas

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 2:24:32 PM UTC+2, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
[...]

What I forgot to mention was - The manager is a newly installed manager.dat with File I/O (no EMSRV)

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 11:05:38 AM UTC-4, Thomas Stalzer wrote:
Hi Lou

Sorry - I honestly thought it was enough information. To reproduce, I did the following steps

No problem.

- Open Smalltalk Environments and create a new image for 8.6.2
- Start the new image; during reconnect, there are no error message regarding missing classes, etc. everything seems normal
- Go to tools "Load/Unload features". Select "ST: Server Workbench, Base" and load
- Menu "XD" gets added to the transript
- Menu "XD" - select option "New image..."
- Give the image a name "Test XD". No feature under "Installed features is selected. Subsystem types, leave default, language "german", Territory "germany", Character Set "ibm-819"
- Press ok

Image creation fails after approx. 25% with the following message in the Transcript

Error: 362   Cannot complete the load because ObjectLoader(14.08.2015 18:43:55) in Swapper does not exist in the library.

Thanks
Thomas

I have a lot of Windows NT services that I package as XD images.  All of them include use of the ObjectLoader and ObjectDumper, so them and a lot of other stuff is present when I make the XD image.  I expect that as a result of having all that stuff present, I don't this error.  Since I think you need to select some "Installed features" to get a useful XD image, I would try that and see if it get you past the problem.  Let us know.

There may be a bug here, that is hidden by selecting some feature or maybe selecting a feature is a requirement.  If selecting a feature is a requirement, then the "Ok" button should be disabled until one is selected.  But now I'm nit picking.

Lou

Re: Error 362 while creating XD image

thomas....@natural-software.eu
Hello Lou

We have a product out on the market since 6 years which is based on IC packaging, so we got a little experience as well.

However, it seems, it was a bad manager.dat that got installed. I installed everything new on a clean machine and now it seems to be working. (Running an IC package right now)

Thanks

Thomas

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 5:37:02 PM UTC+2, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
[...]

That's great!  I'm glad all is well.

Lou