Error: Remote String past end of file

blake watson
I've been checking out the book and when I tried to save a class comment for LoCell I get "RemoteString past end of file".  The "astring" parameter was coming into "comment" as nil, though there was text in the pane. I did correct it, but I'm not sure how. (Not sure how much interest there is in 1st edition bugs, either, but I thought I'd bring it up.)

Re: Error: Remote String past end of file

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM, blake <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've been checking out the book and when I tried to save a class comment for
> LoCell I get "RemoteString past end of file".  The "astring" parameter was
> coming into "comment" as nil, though there was text in the pane. I did
> correct it, but I'm not sure how. (Not sure how much interest there is in
> 1st edition bugs, either, but I thought I'd bring it up.)

which version of Pharo are you using? This bug has been fixed if I
remember correctly.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Error: Remote String past end of file

blake watson
Hi, Damien--

Google hid this from me...sorry for the delay. I am using the Pharo found on the PBE book site. In the about menu it says 1.0 with the latest update being #10517.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM, blake <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've been checking out the book and when I tried to save a class comment for
> LoCell I get "RemoteString past end of file".  The "astring" parameter was
> coming into "comment" as nil, though there was text in the pane. I did
> correct it, but I'm not sure how. (Not sure how much interest there is in
> 1st edition bugs, either, but I thought I'd bring it up.)

which version of Pharo are you using? This bug has been fixed if I
remember correctly.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Error: Remote String past end of file

Damien Cassou
are you on linux? Could you please try
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?10411#78632