Error connecting library

ravinder phogat
Hey all,

My library is on a shared server. The code was up and running until last week but now is getting this error while opening the image.

Error Accessing E:
1.) Vast 5
Manager
mgr50.dat: unable to connect with server.

Do you wish to attempt to continue anyway.

I think this is due to firewall or port blocking. but not sure I am troubleshooting with network team but in case any of you have had similar issue so checking here.

Re: Error connecting library

Noschvie
we had a similar issue running Envy under Windows. Maybe it's a problem regarding user rights or group policies.
Set logging level to 2 or 3 and check the logs
br, Norbert

Re: Error connecting library

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
Greetings Ravinder,

Norbert's response is good and that's what I would do as well. But if that doesn't resolve your issue and your company has an existing support contract with Instantiations, please reach out to our support channel ([hidden email]) and we will put engineering staff on this issue immediately.

Kind Regards,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 12:38 PM Norbert Schlemmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
we had a similar issue running Envy under Windows. Maybe it's a problem regarding user rights or group policies.
Set logging level to 2 or 3 and check the logs
br, Norbert

Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Re: Error connecting library

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 7:55:58 AM UTC-7, ravinder phogat wrote:
Hey all,

My library is on a shared server. The code was up and running until last week but now is getting this error while opening the image.

Error Accessing E:
1.) Vast 5
Manager
mgr50.dat: unable to connect with server.

The obvious first question is whether emsrv is running on the server, if you are using it, or whether the share E: is actually mounted and operational.
(I'm assuming E: is a shared folder rather than a local drive.)