Error getting parseTree formattedCode

Gaboto
I think there is a bug when you try to get the formattedCode of a parseTree.
Try this for example:
(Set >> #add:) parseTree formattedCode
I'm sure it worked correctly in previous versions of pharo.
Any idea?

Re: Error getting parseTree formattedCode

Adrian Lienhard
The most recent Pharo-core image I has no methods #parseTree and
#formattedCode. What do I miss?

Adrian

On Oct 10, 2009, at 22:33 , Gabriel Brunstein wrote:

> I think there is a bug when you try to get the formattedCode of a
> parseTree.
> Try this for example:
> (Set >> #add:) parseTree formattedCode
> I'm sure it worked correctly in previous versions of pharo.
> Any idea?

Re: Error getting parseTree formattedCode

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know.
We should check version prior eliot fixes.

stef

On Oct 11, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> The most recent Pharo-core image I has no methods #parseTree and
> #formattedCode. What do I miss?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Oct 10, 2009, at 22:33 , Gabriel Brunstein wrote:
>
>> I think there is a bug when you try to get the formattedCode of a
>> parseTree.
>> Try this for example:
>> (Set >> #add:) parseTree formattedCode
>> I'm sure it worked correctly in previous versions of pharo.
>> Any idea?

Re: Error getting parseTree formattedCode

Damien Cassou
2009/10/10 Gabriel Brunstein <[hidden email]>:
> I think there is a bug when you try to get the formattedCode of a parseTree.
> Try this for example:
> (Set >> #add:) parseTree formattedCode
> I'm sure it worked correctly in previous versions of pharo.
> Any idea?

Works on the not yet published 09.10.2. Please wait later today for
its announcement.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Error getting parseTree formattedCode

Adrian

we should pay attention that this may be related to AST
Lukas merged a new version lr-173

I tried to recreate a pharo-dev but it crashes.

Stef

On Oct 11, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> The most recent Pharo-core image I has no methods #parseTree and
> #formattedCode. What do I miss?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Oct 10, 2009, at 22:33 , Gabriel Brunstein wrote:
>
>> I think there is a bug when you try to get the formattedCode of a
>> parseTree.
>> Try this for example:
>> (Set >> #add:) parseTree formattedCode
>> I'm sure it worked correctly in previous versions of pharo.
>> Any idea?

Re: Error getting parseTree formattedCode

Lukas Renggli
The AST package is in an desolate state. There are dozens of methods
that are never used or broken. Part of the NewCompiler infrastructure
is merged into the AST package, so it is not exactly easy to see what
parts are used, what parts are covered by tests, and what parts are
obsolete.

Lukas

2009/10/11 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Adrian
>
> we should pay attention that this may be related to AST
> Lukas merged a new version lr-173
>
> I tried to recreate a pharo-dev but it crashes.
>
> Stef
>
> On Oct 11, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> The most recent Pharo-core image I has no methods #parseTree and
>> #formattedCode. What do I miss?
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2009, at 22:33 , Gabriel Brunstein wrote:
>>
>>> I think there is a bug when you try to get the formattedCode of a
>>> parseTree.
>>> Try this for example:
>>> (Set >> #add:) parseTree formattedCode
>>> I'm sure it worked correctly in previous versions of pharo.
>>> Any idea?

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch